Tuesday, May 14, 2013


 
Sign Me Up Coach
Sounds Like the Perfect Soccer Game
Day #22
May 14th, 2013
Team Zybko

 
You gotta love when a group of college students use a few hours of  a summertime evening in a productive way. Soccer tennis was the sport of the day last night. I'm sure I couldn't have kept up with the pace of this workout but watching from the other unused court was where I belonged. By the looks of it some of them were a bit more winded then in their high school glory days. No worries though, no ref, no official teams and no timed halves. Take a break when ever you want, you make the call. Perfect. Fortunately for these sweaty athletes the South Carolina skeeter is NOT out in full force quite yet so the game could go on as long as desired.
 
With dinner in the oven just across the street at 350 degrees I wasn't able to stay  as long I wished. Watching all three of the older kids play a sport they love on the same field was a really big treat for this soccer mom. Felt like old times. Good, real good. I glued my mouth shut more than a few times, avoiding yelling out cheers and encouraging words to my favorite players. Understanding that might be embarrassing let alone super annoying, like old people on Face Book. We simply weren't invited so be quiet. HA! It didn't squash my happiness to be silent. As I smiled inside I realized this was pure fruit of soccer mom hood and non of the blah blah blah that goes along with a typical real life game.
 
No dues, no schedule to get right, no snacks to remember, no other parents, no smelly shin guards, no disputable calls and I could leave whenever I wanted with out causing a slew of traumatic backlash feelings. Could it get any easier than that? YES! Bonus goal, the entire team has the ability to drive themselves to Firehouse Subs and buy dinner themselves.
Sign me up coach, sounds like the perfect soccer game to me.  
 


 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

Somewhere along the line the fans got a little restless and a new games was invented. Within minutes, specific rules were established. How to properly and safely use the roller thingy to win the side game. Official name still on the drawing board.


 
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment