Saturday, May 18, 2013



 


From Back Row To Instructor
Day #28
May 18th, 2013
Team Zybko
 
Meet Meringue and Hubby. They are the cutest dancing couple I have ever met. Having spent more time jumping, swooshing and sweating with them on the dance floor than my own hubby and baby daddy. Unfortunately we don't spend much time outside the gym as I would like yet I can still with out hesitation tell you, these are good people. I can also tell you when Meringue begins to read this, she will hate it. Hate that I have taken these pictures and hate I will proceed to go on and on about her. I promise you, right now she is embarrassed and making a face similar to the one below.  Right Heather? Text me and tell me I'm right. Ahaaaa.
I'm going to hold my phone until it dings.
 
 
 
Our friendship began in Studio 1 a few years ago when they first joined the gym. She was trying something new. Zumba, yea girl, give it a go. Consistently working hard in the back row, class after class after class, head toward the floor as I passed by with the microphone. Hoping I wouldn't pull her up to the front of the class even though she had the best meringue in town, hands down. During that aerobic season I taught 2 Zumbas in a row on Mondays and Wednesdays. If her schedule permitted she was in for the long haul, staying from warm-up to cool for the entire 2 hours, both days. If she could do it, I could so it. Gotta love when the circle of motivation never stops, swirling around the loud room like a cyclone. As I cranked up my iPod I'd secretly hoped she was there, comfortable and secure in the back, no mirror in sight.  

 
The weeks passed quickly while her body worked hard burning off calories at lighting speed. The extra pounds melted away as she inched forward, 4th row, 3rd row, 2nd row, finally securing a spot front and center. A beautiful transformation before my very eyes. I know I sound a bit melodramatic but as an instructor when you see these happen you never forget. Public confidence, habits and lives changed....forever. Believe it or not aerobic exercise classes are NOT just about getting your heart rate up. Or course it's good for your body to move and sweat, that is a given. Blah, blah blah.
 I'm talking about the social, the fun and the much needed break from the hectic, real lives lived outside of tight black yoga pants.
 
 
Her and her Hubby also nick named Justin Tiberlake (dude man can boogie) didn't stop at the front of the class. They learned, they studied, they got certified...together. How cool is that? A husband and wife team. They play off each other perfectly. 
 

I couldn't help but smile like a proud momma as I recently watched them lead a Zumba expo in a crowded parking lot. Dancing like they owned the joint, large and in charge on top of an 18 wheeler for all of Florence to see. It was the first really hot pre-summer day we have had here in South Carolina. Never the less Meringue and Hubby gave the crowd everything they had to give for 3 straight hours in the bright sunshine.  


Meringue and Hubby, y'all bring so much energy to the classes you attend. Happy smiles, smooth salsa moves and exuberant claps seem to transform the feel of the entire workout. I feel so special for inadvertently being a part of your fitness journey. From back row to top notch instructor, motivating students of your own. Awesome, totally awesome. Your schedule is hectic, slammed packed with classes, work, kids and wife duties. Just so you know, even now, I secretly love finding you in the front row when my iPhone cranks up the warm up song.

 

 
 
 
 
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment