Saturday, August 4, 2012





365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
DAY #194
AUGUST 4th, 2012
THE BIG KIDS ARE COMING!

All the squares on the calendar have been marked with an "X".
The list of fun places to see and activities to
do has been added to daily.
The big kids are coming!
The big kids are coming!
The count down is on like Donkey Kong...
in hours now not weeks or days.
The pre stooges are crazy about their older sibs.
Enough years but not too many separate the
 upper and younger sets of three.
Enough to create a cool factor but not enough
 to enforce useless rules like a parent.
The long month and new family dynamics since we have arrived have taken it's toll on all parties involved. I admit to have been completely spoiled in Florence. I know that now. I didn't realize how much the older ones helped. A regular routine also helps. Teaching a bunch of classes at the gym? Yea, even that seems like an inviting break right about now. This visit from the other half of kids couldn't have been planned any better. The little ones may be a tiny bit bored with their current camp counselor.
I still give myself a solid "A" for effort.
Actually grade, well who knows about that detail.
I'm only talking effort and energy expended. 

 

The love flows down as equally as it flows up.
I asked Diane if I could share this unprompted text for the digital family scrapbook. Sure she responds. I hear the smile in the 4 letter one word reply. Please don't misread these words. They all argue and get irritated like all normal people and families. Just warms my heart when the warm and fuzzy moments come across my path unexpectedly. 



The kids asked if they can stay up until they arrive.
 ETA will be past 11:00pm and their bedtime.
 That's OK. After all Summer break is still in session. They will survive in the long run, waiting for the special guests to arrive is way more important than a few hours of proper sleep.
Silly string is all shook up and ready to go. Hiding places in the bushes have been scoped out. Hope the neighbors won't mind the late night parking lot party. Not anticipating the reunion to be a quiet one.
Cause that's how we roll.  

No comments:

Post a Comment