Sunday, August 12, 2012




365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 200
August 11th, 2012
OUR FIRST ATV ADVENTURE

52 of my favorite pictures from as close to
perfect afternoon as you can get. A ridiculous amount of shots to upload but a few years down the road we will all appreciate the visual documentation. 
Hands down we have voted this wild 4 wheeling afternoon our favorite family outing of all time. 
  

Older kids studying for a mandatory test before being allowed to operate the ATV. Northern Minnesota means business about rules and safety regulations. Costs us a little bit of money and time but obviously so important and worth it.


This off road vehicle park run by DNR was free and fabulous. 26 miles of really cool trails and conveniently placed mud puddles the shade of Clemson orange. Go Tigers. FYI for my clean friends.
NO, none of the stains from this old iron ore pit came out in the extra hot, extra detergent wash. No worries, wouldn't change one thing about this trip.



Baby Daddy checking out how these big kid toys work. FYI for my super safety friends. YES, he did wear a helmet going fast on the trails. 

I believe in this helmet I could be a part of my favorite show from the early 80's, CHIPS. My chances of going out with Poncherello or Jon Baker just went up ten fold. FYI to my curious 40 something friends. Not sure who I would pick, may depend on the day and mood I was in. I was in love with them equally back in the day.
FYI that was the last annoying FYI of the day. 


Waiting...waiting...waiting for her turn.





A brief rainstorm didn't put a damper on our excitement.




We buy a day trail pass for the truck, slap the decal on the windshield and we are off. 



The kids zoom around us, pass the truck and fly off into the woods.
I look at BD and ask if it was my imagination they were going way too fast. He agreed. I also worried we didn't go over where to meet or any other details besides....
HAVE FUN and BE SAFE!
Well, they had the fun part down.


The truck seemed out of control bumpy. The little ones squealed and bounced in their seats underneath even tighten seat belts. No way I would ever try this on my own. No room for error on either side for 99% of the drive. I'm a U-turn kinda girl 99% of the time so I'll leave the driving to BD.


Twisted Sister.
 Wasn't that a heavy metal band like 20 years ago
or am I making that up?




Within 20 minutes or so we burst out into an unexpected open space. My scrambled brains and full soccer mom bladder were both thankful for this break in the rocky path.


Drexel is salivating at thought of this mud pit and the many
boy like possibilities it holds. Unlimited rocks, dirt, sticks and mud.
He is by far my cheapest kid to entertain.



Less than 2 minutes later the older kids discover the same area.
Thank goodness, I was beginning to loose faith we would somehow meet up with one another. Our cell phone connection didn't guarantee a thing. To me all this OHV park all looked the same. Explaining accurately my 10/4 was highly unlikely.
   


Lil David immediately takes off up a difficult type path,
giving me a difficult type Minnesota heart attack.






David is cool with it though. This is his thang and it shows.
He knows how to handle these machines better than any of us. 


Oh Diane, by the way, I am so sorry I kept screaming in your ear to slow down while on the back of your 4 wheeler. No I didn't really think I was going to die. I should go ahead an apologize for that too, I wasn't aware I was saying that outloud. I blame getting older and being less fun not your driving at all.











Mr. Patent Leather sparkly Nikes with the neon pink laces,
 will you ever forgive me for treating you this way?
What? Oh, was that outside my head too?
Whoops, I gotta stop doing that.




Two and half hours seems to vanish as the configuration of kids and parents changed with every unique ride.
Waiting for the next open seat was tough for all of us. The hardest on La La. The youngest of the family hated the long minutes it took to secure a spot back on with an older sibling.   


I thank BD for our quick mini date in the woods. I have no small bills on me to tip my handsome driver so I goose him instead.
 He tells me that's how all the girls usually pay up.
Way better than cash any day, he adds with a smile.
I goose him again for that.
     



We finally move on to another location. Back in the red Dodge which is now screaming for a good ole fashion scrub down. It will have to wait, we wanna burn every second we rented these 8 wheels for today. Not one complaint by the kids to call it a day, go home, eat or shower up. Actually, no whining about a single thing.
Amazing.






Delaney has uncovered serious biker chic
 potential with this fake pose. I take this opportunity to encourage and remind her to stay in school and always work hard.
Harley's are an expensive hobby. 




David is back to his tricks in this new part of the park equipped with extra dirt and a small ramp. He makes spinning wheels, catching air and wheelie's look so stinking easy.





Diane and Dylan both handle themselves well
and are good drivers too.
 Taking on the ramp at however many miles per hour. I'm glad I couldn't read the speedometer from where I stood. 
Diane has built up enough confidence about it all she picks up a hitch hiker while I was messing with my camera settings. I didn't realize this until I looked back down at my Nikon screen. I'm glad cause otherwise I would have missed clicking, out of fear for Drexel one of the best pictures of the day. 




Yes, Diane you did in fact get some big time air...
off your seat as well.







Clean up time was equally as enjoyable for some reason.
An A plus, special, first time treat for Team Zybko all the way around.


Drexel is half naked and jumping over random stuff.
A sure sign to this momma it's time to call it a day. 

Oh Delaney, you better start saving your money now for that sparkly pink Hog in your future. I wish I looked as cool as you. Just remember to make it a double seater so I can tag along to! 

1 comment:

  1. 1. you rock the helmet girl...smokin'!!!
    2. it would be weird for you to adopt me, but should you ever need and extra sibling/crazy aunt...give me a D name and I'll come running

    ReplyDelete