Thursday, August 16, 2012





365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #203
August 16th, 2012
I'M NOT REALLY COMPLAINING

 Gray skies and it's below 60 degrees. A nippy Fall like breeze and leaves turning beautiful golden colors. I check, double and triple check my pink sports watch. Nope I am not in a freaky time warp situation. As clear as the Minnesota sky
 ISN'T my Time displays the date.
AUG 16 
Ho, ho whoa....hold the phone mountain people. Let's slow it down I'm not even through legally wearing white dress shoes.


Our verse of the day today is 
PHILIPPIANS 2:14
DO EVERYTHING WITHOUT COMPLAINING OR ARGUING.

I explain to the kids this goes for me too. Even our poopie pant thoughts count toward the EVERYTHING part. I tape the six words to the front of our rented fridge. OK guys, we can totally do this.



Well that was more than 12 hours ago. As I sit here typing the tips of my fingers have thankfully regained a healthy color of properly circulating blood.  Boots with the fur in the middle of August? Yea I may have to get up and re-read the verse that will now be a FOCUS verse till let's say....May... when the lake and my big soccer mom butt thaw out. I'm not really complaining just reporting to my Southern friends back home what a wonderful premature feeling of Autumn I was privilege to today. The thought of hot chocolate, Friday night football and big huge jump-able leaf piles took over my brain as we rushed around doing errands. 


Yea, yea, yea that's it. I'm not complaining about temperatures a bit colder than I ordered. More like bragging. I bet no one else I know reached into their fake wool lined winter coat to find a surprise like I did today. A handful of candy from the last time
 I had to wear this lumberjack looking article
of clothing to keep from the elements.
Halloween 2011.
I mean really, who would complain about that?   


1 comment:

  1. So we need to discuss who can "legally wear white shoes"....regardless of the temp, the answer, the ONLY answer, is nurses. Fashionista I am not, but you know those white pumps we all have tucked in our closet and from a run to Payless prior to 1995! :)

    ReplyDelete