Monday, August 13, 2012



365 Random Days Of Team Zybko
Day # 201
August 13th, 2012
One Down, 179 More School Days To Go!



I love everything about the first day of school. When I was a kid and even now. Nothing has changed except the start date comes a few weeks earlier, I am no longer the student and my kids grades are now mine. New tennis shoes, new classes, new year energy and newly sharpened #2 pencils. I am an awful school supply snob. I skimp on off brand prices with plenty of items throughout the year.
When I'm cruising down the back to school isle, not so much.  


No Target shopping this year for pencils
 and new overpriced binders.
 We didn't really need anything, would have been a total waste.
Delaney wanted a fancy new backpack to
which I sarcastically replied in the most loving way.
Honey, remember we home school and now live in the middle of the woods with no friends. Not thinking you will get a ton of
use out of those 50 bucks.
OK, that may have been a little harsh. I try and back pedal fast.
I mean, it is a cute print though, colors are eye catching.
Really nice sweetheart.


I hang on to these neat piles with some pictures
before my students wake up.
The order and simplicity of the boxes and snacks make me happy.
I push the hand me down curriculum together with
my fresh hands just one more time. I can control this part nicely.
I step back, look one more time and smile with anticipation for the upcoming challenges of the year. Everything labeled. Yes. Perfect.
Out of experience I know this will be the last time in our home school day anything goes the way I've planned. Never a perfect day around here. Learning days in this season always look better sharpied on paper than in real life. Always. I do it anyway and go with the flow the best I can. 


Drexel had trouble falling asleep last night he was so torqued up about the first day. I thought he was goshin' me as I gave him one last kiss. He wasn't, as I later found out while he happily licked my arm when I checked his work today. 
Ok, bud. Let's go over Rule # 32 again.
No saliva on anyone please, including and most
importantly not on the teacher.
Yes, even when you get all the questions right.
Delaney asked a few hundred times if she could use her recess time for a quick trip to the store.
Maybe mom.....we could at least get a new lunchbox for the year.
We will see honey, we will see.
La La's work was steady and dramatic on her
historic kindergarten debut.
A few #'s, coloring, re-done puzzles and reading with mommy time.
BD inquires about her day a mere 2 hours after neatly stacking the 5K books back in there designated spot. 
Tell me what you learned today Delilah.
Nothing really.
Well, just one thing, your favorite thing you and mommy did?
I can't remember anything, you wanna go make a bon fire?
I'm shaken in my boots a bit. I'm determined to make this day count.
Oh, c'mon Lah. Tell daddy what words start with the letter A.
I dunno.
Yes you do, remember the picture you cut out with
your very own pink scissors.
What picture?
Delaney jumps in to bail me out.
La La...focus. They are little, walk across a picnic blanket, climb up your leg and bite you.
Oh yea yea yea I know now.....
CRABS! 
It may be a long year people.



No comments:

Post a Comment