Thursday, November 22, 2012






365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #254
November 22nd, 2012

A Tropical Dream
No Layers Needed  

Last night my unexpected, Tylenol/Cold induced, tropical beach dream was rolling along perfectly. Didn't want to wake up. I was more than ecstatic to be in the land of warm sun and cold sweet tea. Before hitting the waves and kissing the nice southern sand my new, hot pink, convertible prison van makes a necessary stop. We pull into a local Goodwill just long enough to throw a trash bag full of MN layers out of the side door to a helpful, curbside attendant. You didn't think I was going to bring North Face gear to the party did ya? Because it was in fact a dream, I magically had the power to stop time and the Atlantic tide for a quick dream inside a dream. Gets a bit blurry at this point but I do remember leaving Diane in charge, kissing the kids goodbye and waving in the most motherly way as we fly off for a 2nd honeymoon. No minutes to pack, we leave with only the clothes on our back. This is the part when the fantasy land hits a big fat road bump. Why? I'm not sure, could have been the medicine talking again. I was naked except for an old homemade, itchy, neon fishy print, bathing suit. Eeeekkkk...now a nightmare inside a dream, why can't I stop time now? The suit dates back to the late 70's and represents many happy memories splashing around at High Point Pool. I still have it in a Rubbermaid bin somewhere in storage. My mother made it with love back then, she had no idea it would come back to life 35 years later. Well no problem, we are definitely not turning back and giving up this expense paid get-away. I just go with it, pretending to make a new fashion statement.
Plus, I don't even know anyone in Aruba.   


















No comments:

Post a Comment