Tuesday, November 27, 2012





365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #270
Underwear Shark Boy
November, 27th, 2012
 
Been a lot of warm, sandy, beach talk around our kitchen table these days. Delilah even put sunscreen on her face after a bath for her  daily MN make over. Man it smelled so good, I couldn't resist a little SPF Coppertone slather on my dry soccer mom cheeks, just for funzies. A weekend at our favorite spot of the Myrtle Beach shore will be in order this December. A light brownish, not white Christmas is on my list this year. First in line will be shark boy, he even wore his bestest fossilized tooth around his bare neck at school today. 
No shirt, no shoes, no pants....no problem.
We home school.
 
Science was interrupted frequently to talk about animals of the sea and last Thanksgivings beach vacation. Digging for sharks teeth for an entire week with extended family at an Ocean front place.
Shark Boy in his happy place, day after sunny day. Desperate for a chance to find the big one, Drex asked to utilize the last few minutes of the trip. Bags were already neatly packed away, goodbyes were being said to relatives when Shark Boy, in his sweetest little voice begged to search, one last time. My quick answered happy nod accompanied with a toothy smile proved to be a rookie mom mistake.
 
 
My high pitched, gym teacher whistle didn't even get his attention when it was time to go. Hard to tear him away from good ole fashion fossil finding. I begin the long walk down the wooden path, stopping periodically to call shark boys name, in a somewhat irritated fashion. Wasn't really in the mood to expend unnecessary energy. Just steps away from my feet hitting the sand, my attitude softens. Eyes as big as the southern sun I laugh out loud. 
What on earth bud? Why are you in your underwear?
 
My clothes got wet while washing off some cool shells.
 I didn't think it was a big deal.
 They look like a bathing suit right?
 














No comments:

Post a Comment