Sunday, November 25, 2012


365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 268
November 25th, 2012
MMM
Morning Minnesota Manna

In this strange time away from the daily grind of real life I have become a bit spoiled. 5 months with barely no commitments or mandatory places to be sharpied on my calendar will do that to a person. Top on my list of Minnesota luxuries I am dreading giving up in a week, MMM. Morning Minnesota Manna. OK, I just made that title up, I've never actually called in that in my head or even out loud. I like the sound of it though, TRIPLE M TIME...hhmmm that's even better. Joking aside, that is exactly what it is. Before the kids wake up, my alone time for prayer and jumping in the Word head first with no distractions. This morning a sleepy, confused,  five year found me before my coffee was done brewing and I could arrange my favorite MMM spot on the futon. Doing my best to give her a look as if I was happy to see her I told the disoriented child to cuddle up at my feet and try to go back to sleep. After half a cup of coffee, some tossing and turning and a few selfish prayers for my quiet time not to be ruined, she eventually drifted off. I know it doesn't sound very motherly but please understand I crave this MMM time like I crave a white on white corner piece of birthday cake from Freeman's Bakery. Oh yes, it must be a corner piece, I'm a little particular about that, more icing coverage ya know. Anyway, unlike the cake I need this bread and special part of my morning to ensure the rest of the day runs smoothly. 



At home I have no warm cozy fireplace, I won't have the peaceful hum of the snow maker machines or look out the window to a snow covered winter wonderland. 





This little Minnesota ice princess will get over that. Plus, it doesn't really matter where you are when you get your daily manna. 
God will 100 percent of the time meet you there.
How awesome is that!
 If I'm really lucky,
 He will also brings the other 3 corners of the cake.
 Thank you Lord for my daily bread this morning.  

         

No comments:

Post a Comment