Wednesday, November 28, 2012




365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 271
Being Still
November 28th, 2012

Any mother will tell you, every pregnancy has it's challenges and it's highs and lows. Each time your body goes through such a huge transition you realize the process is as unique as the child growing inside your womb. These forty weeks aren't exactly a cake walk. Medical problems can make it feel as if the gestation period has been extended way beyond your control. How long are elephants pregnant? Well, I can't complain, I was pretty lucky and had no major problems. Unless you count being a big, fat pig but I don't think there is an actual code for that in my patient file. Other than the weight column. Hey, don't judge, they wouldn't let me remove my shoes or take the package of cosmic brownies out of my pocket. 
    



The best part of the gig was definitely the movement inside my growing belly. From the first simple kick all the way to the last days of the Billy Banks, TaeBo round house kicks. Bedtime was the best  time to watch the action. When the household was completely still and quiet with no distractions. I'd stay awake well past Baby Daddy so I didn't miss a thing, poking and pushing around, I hated when the show stopped. Night after night I would look forward to this special time. Just me and my baby. It was a good routine, other kids asleep, all necessary work completed for the day. Time would fly as I  became mesmerized, starring down at what appeared to be eight arms and legs trying to bust out of my skin like an alien movie. Stillness in a hectic busy scheduled life is so peaceful, comforting and welcomed. If you are still enough, amazing things happen.      



If I had to pick one word for this jacked up Minnesota time it would be STILL. Real life, extra distractions and responsibilities were taken away with the temporary move. I have to admit, in the beginning I thought it was some sort of awful torture. Now, 5 months later I consider it quite a blessing. We have been still. Day after day. Still, still, still with an extra side of still. Remember though, amazing things happen when you allow stillness to happen. Enjoying each other like never before. Back in South Carolina our old schedule was chocked full of everything but stillness. Silly ole me thought I spent every waking hour with the kids. Nah, I was wrong. In these past few months of learning we truly have, 24/7/365.
We have been stuck with one another, in a good way.     
   

Only one unfortunate side affect to being still and not changing your eating habits. 20 pounds of stillness have found it's way on my parka covered back. Not really my back, more like my back side but that's ok, I wouldn't trade the experience for my old pant size I started with. Body parts are growing, the kids have changed and matured right before my eyes.   



My little kicker in utero all those years ago has made the biggest transformation of them all. Deodorant has been purchased and applied. She sometimes looks at pictures here and occasional even reads what her goofy mom writes so I will let others simply read between the lines. It has been a pleasure soaking up special time with you Delaney. You have grown way more than the vertical half an inch that reads on the tape measure. 
I am more than proud to be your mommy.   


When we baked together in the tiny kitchen...we were still.
While making up never before seen Zumba moves...we were still.
Teaching you to upload and create a blog post...we were still.
 Giggling in your cozy bed late at night ...we were still.
Stealing your picture angles...we were still.
During girl manicures...we were still.
Best haircut ever by a ten year old...we were still.
Riding down a mountain roller coaster..we were still.
Hit in the head by your snowball...we were still.
Jumping off the baby cliffs...we were still.
Walking our bikes up MN hills...we were still.
I Love Lucy marathon mornings...we were still.
Being scared to death of weird noises...we were still.
Enjoying the 100th PB & chocolate chip sandwich...we were still.
Struggling through decimal conversions...we were still.
Being with you, doing anything...we were still.



No comments:

Post a Comment