Sunday, December 23, 2012



365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 276
December 22nd, 2012
Holiday Ham Day-PLM
 

With only a few days until Christmas there is still much to do. Rush here, go there, pick up this, bake goodies, avoid goodies, a few more stocking stuffers and so on. During my holiday errands yesterday I find myself standing in a crowded Honey Baked Ham store inadvertently store tapping my foot to
Have a Holly Jolly Christmas with roughly 20 others jolly ham loving Americans.
It's packed, the line is squiggled all way to the door. As I wait, I check out the menu and enjoy the delicious smells that have navigated their way up my nostrils, making a direct B line to my brain. This place is amazing, my thoughts float around like the aroma in the room, I wonder why I only come here once a year.
That will be $67 and 48 cents ma'am. 
I snap out of it as the older lady in front of me is rung up.
Holy cow pig batman for one ham? Now I remember why it's
been 365 days since my last visit. Oh but it is good. The crusty honey glazed situation that seems to melt in your mouth with every bite. Ok ok ok BUT I'm not here for my taste buds to have a party, I need to stay focused. Although I could use a sam-itch from all the last minute running we have been doing but I'm on mission. I'm not here to pick up one ham, I am here to pick up 18 hams.  



I don't panic about the cost or get nervous about signing a check that would surely bounce all over town when the banks re-open after Christmas. I am only here as the middle man. For the third year in a row Nucor Steel of Darlington will be picking up the check. Paid in full.  During the wait I did the math concerning the 18 certificates for a free ham, the certificates signed with a more important signature than mine. The ones signed with love. This generous gift for The Parking Lot Mission and for the people in need of a hot meal is amazing. The actually dollar amount has already gotten cold in my non math brain but the goodness and love is still fresh in my heart. Now this really does make me jolly.
Thank you Nucor! This meat will feed a ton of people, not to mention the ham bones worth more to some to create the perfect Christmas soup.   




The next day we wake up a bit earlier to prepare in order to get the ham pulled off the bone, sliced, heated up and ready to find it's home between a hot buttered biscuit. Thank you Diane, Dylan, Bryson and Hillary for setting your phone alarms to help out on a chilly non college Saturday. Baby Daddy decides at the last minute to keep two of the hams as is, folded nicely in the foil and snug in the Honey Baked Ham sturdy plastic bag.
 God will show us who to give them to when we get there.
HE was right and always knows. God that is. When we arrived it was quite obvious who they should go to. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment