Tuesday, January 1, 2013




365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #285
December 31st, 2102
You Kill It.....You Eat It
(Except For Rats) 



Nothing says Christmas like shooting innocent birds on a telephone wire with your new Red Rider BB Gun (or knock off).....right? 
Merry HO HO HO Christmas people. With safety glasses snug in place, Drexel confidently marches out the front door just a bit past 9am with big brother and a happy grin. Having gone over all the rules and a teacher at his side we are pretty confident he won't
shoot his eye out.
Well, Drexel has yet to see the famous holiday movie
"A Christmas Story" but that didn't stop him for asking for one and receiving the # 3 item on his Christmas wish list.
 BB Gun....right below #1 Firewood and  #2 Lighters. Yes, the outdoorsy days of Northern Minnesota had a HUGE impact on this soon to be 8 year old. He would be my first choice to be on my team if dropped off in the middle of the woods somewhere. Big man loves watching those real life survivor shows, soaking up the knowledge on how to sustain his existence off of goat eyeballs and how to start a fire with only bobby pins and dryer lint. I watch all 60 minutes with him, even through the commercials I'm nervous for the re-enactment actors. Will they make it? Oh my gosh, dude man is gonna eat bugs...can't watch, can't watch. Gives me an ugly rash and stomach ache to think about those circumstances. I wouldn't last 2 minutes after the plane crash.  

Mom, you never know, really, you just never know...it could happen to us. I may need these skills one day to survive.
What would you do with out a fire and fresh drinking water?


He keeps me on my toes, helping me stay prepared at all times.
As a result, I carry with me always, never leave home or travel through the jungle with out it.....a homemade kit for
Survival S'Mores.
After all, a prepared soccer mom is a good soccer mom.
No fire, no problem....I can eat them cold.


(Side note; No aninals were harmed and sorry Drex about that picture of you in your opening present attire, not exactly a 'keeper'. It was the only one I had of you AND the box).   











1 comment:

  1. I know he'll have fun with his new gun! No squirrel or bird is safe at your house now. :)

    And as for his attire in the first pic, that'll teach him to carefully monitor in the future what he wears on Christmas morning. Haha!

    ReplyDelete