Tuesday, January 8, 2013


365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 291
January 8th, 2013
One Little Perk of Home Schooling
 




I found this gem sitting in my draft folder from way back in October. I wonder to myself what story and thoughts I had in mind to go along with it. Don't know, pretty much drawing a blank. Yea, it's cute and all to this momma, perhaps even scrapbook worthy but there must have been more. Think, think, think. Nope, nothing. My mind is as dark as the re-heated cup of black coffee I had at 5:30 this afternoon. Still a bit jittery to say the least, I'm also wondering why I thought such a late coffee break was a good idea. No shut eye in this soccer moms immediate future. Dern, and I really need my beauty sleep these days, especially around my un-shut eyes.
Anyway, I will tell you what I do know, other than old people shouldn't have caffeine after 1pm, is that I really love this type of school paper. You can get a huge pad of it at the dollar store. Yes, the dollar store. If I had managed to sent out Christmas cards this year, I would have written the yearly letter on this paper. Oh well, maybe next year. I enjoy the organization represented here. Even though I am generally a think outside the lines kinda girl, infamous for scribbling on miscellaneous scraps of discarded napkins or wrappers. This paper keeps me tidy, focused and within the legal boundaries given, as if I was still 7 years old. What if I drank Starbucks back in the day? Whoa, my second grade daily journal would have been way more interesting, think of the adventures I could have made up or at the very least embellished a tidy tad. No such luck, I was only given water and whole milk, my mother was not interested in her most talkative kid being wide awake at 11pm like I am now. Smart woman, really smart. 
I should probably take notes.
Back on track.
Amongst the challenges of home schooling, I have discovered half a dozen or so little perks to educating our three youngest rug rats at home. I value this next example as one of them.
To watch my kids, small but growing hands create these types of letters is a big reward to me.
Step 1-15.
Beginning with a clean slate, from the thought process to the 4 breaks to sharpen his pencil to the 5 times he is caught day dreaming to the 3 times he asks for a snack ALL the way to the finished product. I get to read these daily bits of insight the same day they are written. Hot off the press. I do realize to the outside world it is far from a masterpiece to be printed somewhere important, that is totally irrelevant. To a momma, they are all works of art worthy of a smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment