Wednesday, January 2, 2013



365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #286
January 1st, 2013
Let's All Go To The Movies! 

There is not ONE single thing I dislike about the movies. Not even the jacked up crazy prices, well this time at least. With a generous family gift burning a hole in my imaginary yoga pant pockets we jump in the prison van for a mid day matinee showing. I am such a huge fan of the entire movie theatre experience I am giddy with excitement. We are running a few minutes late but no worries, with 20 minutes of previews that actually makes us early. Early with time to spare? Yes, another plus to the movies for this crew. Late is on time in this fantasy world, genius. We float through the non-busy lobby like butter, no problems, no lines. Simply following the smell of freshly popped popcorn while carrying cups of soda so big the five year could bathe in it. We quickly and with ease find the correct theatre and perfect seats. The bag of noisy snuck in candy is happily sorted and given to the correct rule breaker. Stuffing oneself with junk food in a dark room, with no out side family witnesses, oh yea, the pros just keep piling up here people. The rest of the lights are dimmed as I mentally check off the necessary items to enjoy the next 2 hours with my feet kicked up. I free my soccer mom head of its usual to-do lists to make room for a pleasant Skittled up sugar high. House work will just have to wait. 

Cherry ChapStick for overly salted popcorn.....check.
Glasses for old eyes.....check.
Sweatshirt cause I'm always cold.....check.

Oh man, I could hide here all day, everyday. 
I need to add pillow and blankie to my checklist.
Next time, I might even wear my shark pajama  feel good pants, and those my friend at least have pockets.  

Thank you Aunt Theresa and Uncle Charles we had as much as you thought we would.


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment