Thursday, January 31, 2013



365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #310
January 29th, 2013
I Will Meet You By The Water


Jeremiah 17:7-8
"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

 

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. 


It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.

 
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
 

Like any mom, I really like when the time for sleep arrives each night. With my big ole head positioned just right on my homemade tye dyed pillow case, I know the long 24 hour shift of motherhood  is coming to a close. My last thoughts of the day as I drift off into a soccer mom slumber are usually about my babies.


Sadly, some of them have already left the nest. Not even in the house for this momma to check on one last time before the clock strikes midnight. Just lonely empty rooms. I can no longer stand over their crib, twin size bed or even stand on the ladder of a tall bunk bed and watch them breathe. Angels they all while asleep, sweet little eyes are closed, no movement other than the chest rising and falling as they curl up under some favorite blankies.  
 
 
 
I pray for them all, one by one. The orderly side of me can't help but follow this list in age order. Sorry Delilah about the times I have accidentally slipped away into dream land before getting to you, the baby of the family. I pray, lingering over each child's name and current issues in their lives. As a visual girl I picture them all sound asleep in their own bed, peaceful and quiet with a side of snoring and strands of slobber for some. Not as the infants they were long ago but as the young people they have grown to be and beyond. Whether it's in a bedroom down the hall, at a friend's house around the corner, hours away in a college dorm or perhaps the little stow-away spot a few feet next to my bed on the floor.
 I imagine them perfectly snuggled, warm and safe.  
 
 
 
Last week I stumbled upon this verse from Jeremiah on a friend's Face Book wall. It seemed to jump off my phone screen, just for me, a new prayer to pray to recite at night and through the day.
 God's word to help me teach the kids to trust in the Lord
seek Him and His strength not our own. 
 
 
 
 
Kids, I love you!
I am slipping on my flip flops, grabbing some snacks, ice for the cooler and this verse. I will meet each one of you at the water of your choice. Nighty night, sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite.

1 comment: