Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Boot Camp Ain't Got NO Time For Picky Eaters/ Day 73

July, 10th 2013
Team Zybko



It's only been 8 days since we dropped Dylan off, it can't be. I check the date on my watch to be sure. Yep, it's true, my cheap Wal-Mart Timex is surprisingly never wrong, it flashes July 9th with a nice loud beep as I press the bottom left button. I suppose realistically it will take much longer than a week to fall into a new norm. One less kid, a third less smell, tons less fun and about half less the food bill.


Prior to boot camp New Cadet Zybko had become the Protein Eating Clean Machine (I am working on that bumper sticker). Intense working out sessions create big muscles and an even bigger appetite. Not uncommon for an average daily menu to include a dozen egg whites, a few cans of black beans, enough spinach for Popeye and 4 pounds of chicken breasts give or take a few ounces. Mind you, cooked exactly the way he wanted it, at just the right time he wanted it.

We all miss Dylan but know he doing fine. Making the most of everything offered at this summer camp of all camps. Proof is in the picture above. Although the more I think about it, he may actually be screaming at the top of his lungs about the food choices offered rather than a cadence of some sort.

(Thank you Kelly Barnes for finding this picture for us)

So, we are taking one day at a time. The new norm settling in, hour by hour. I remind the little ones to be careful what they write to him about the "M" word. We were warned 438 times by the Army  not to over exaggerate that fact in any letters written to him. 
So I write it here. Duh. What's a mom to do.
Baby Daddy warns against doing so. 
Honey, I seriously doubt when Internet privileges are finally reestablished he will have the time or desire to back peddle through this blog. 

(Dylan, if you do end up reading this and figuring out how much we missed you. 
Please do not call home and tell your father. This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds) 


We received the first letter from him today. The hand writing was hurried but spirits were high. The only complaint was that of chow time. I text David and Diane, they aren't shocked that the food part has been the hardest adjustment. No talking, no looking up and NO choices. Eat whats on the table. Yes, Dylan, I am sorry to say that means the CARBS too!




No comments:

Post a Comment