Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hats off to these Moms / #67


Hats Off To These Two Mommas
Day #67
July 3rd, 2013
Team Zybko
To the moms of Bryson and Daniel I take my hat off to you. Not just one hat but ALL the hats I have ever worn on my over sized soccer mom head. You have raised 2 fine sons. I'm sure you have thought to yourselves many times recently just like I have;
Weren't they just little boys playing in the dirt a minute ago?
Yes they were and yes it goes by so fast.
Boys to men in what seems like 60 seconds. 



Bryson and Daniel if you read this and get embarrassed, I am sorry. Not a lot sorry, just a little. HA! This isn't all about you so sit down and be quiet. So anyway, like I was saying. As of midnight last night these two (and the other young man, Lil David) have endured and finished with flying colors the test of all tests in patience and loving your neighbor like yourself. 


A 4 day road trip inside the prison van with Team Zybko. A road trip that took us sight seeing in 4 major cities, putting over 1,500 miles on the odometer, in traffic jams and rolling at 70 miles an hour. Squeezed  between car seats, old food, numerous bags and a few sibling arguments along the way.


So mommas, back to you. I am here to tell I never once heard them complain about the conditions at hand but always heard them thank us food, shelter and random treats along the way. Thankful for the little things like trash bag ponchos and paper trash soccer balls. Helping the family seemed second nature to them, offering to carry bags, entertain the little ones and clean up messes we caused not them.


It means so much to me when others love the little ones as much as their older siblings do. Putting up with constant singing, drooling and whining past every mile marker on Interstate 95 isn't a cake walk. Bryson and Daniel took major worry off of me as they took the buddy system in the crowded big cities seriously with their appointed little "brother or sister". Until of course the mishap at the bathroom at the Ferry. Honestly though, I don't blame you Daniel for ditching your buddy after that, even hard for a mother to look past that. No details necessary.



I know both you mommas are women of Christ and aren't interested in pleasing others but instead strive to please the Lord. But I also know a little encouraging a pat on the back goes along way amongst the ranks of motherhood. 
Thanks for entrusting us to care for and include your 'babies' in such crazy trips as these.



No comments:

Post a Comment