Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mother of the Year Nomination Revoked
Day 76
July 13th, 2013
Team Zybko


We found our favorite new park in Charlotte. It is right next to our favorite new bakery. I'm not sure which one came first, the chicken or the egg but we seem to do these two new places tag team style.
 They work well together. 
Scone-swing. Coffee-monkey bars. Cupcake-slide.
A match made in heaven.


We call the new park Spinny Park, for lack of knowing the small town dude it is named after and for more obvious reasons we could remember it. This modern outdoor play area has an unusually large number of spin around stuff, full circle, the real deal. 360 degrees. 


Modern equipment with all the bells and whistles. I guess that's the newest thing, I'm not sure. I do know I have seen a lot of different types of play ground and equipment come and go. More than likely safety issues and perhaps budget reasons next. I would like to find the one in charge of, in my opinion the worst idea in a while and my least favorite item found at parks. The zip line.


 So back to the story and how I lost my Mother of the Year nomination. These little flower like saucer-er thingy ma gig ees look innocent enough. As a spectator it doesn't even appear to be rotating around very fast at all, just remember that. Oh Oh Oh and it was pre-bakery ice cream cone AND the youngest of the family does have a tendency to over react, just a weeeeeee bit.  


So here we have a happy kid with drool. Not uncommon with my crew so I think the screams are simply pure delight. Notice picture isn't even blurred, I am pretty sure she was going negative miles and hour at this point. 


 Spit trail is now a little longer and delight turns to fright. Hard to react to all this from behind the lens. Have I told you the entire ride only lasted about 8 seconds? That's it! I swear on my new fancy camera lens.  8 seconds tops. 
Auto focus barely even had time to get situated.
 If La La's hand was above her head she would have qualified for rodeo queen or something.


I'm sure at this frame right here some of you want to pull out the cruel word from your back pocket. Hang on to it, you may need it as you scroll down. You may even be asking yourself, what kinda mother is she not stop to help her child?  It's true, I can't deny it. Evidence does seem to be stacking up against me, pointing to possible future therapy. Would it help if I told you big brother and sis were already trying to stop the out of control, obviously possessed, new fangled swirly jobber. 


Crazy ride is finally stopped.
Now the real funny part starts.  
Sweet yet disoriented she gets up off the ride right away, only to find her 5 year world still spinning.out of control. 
I had tears in my eyes from laughing. 
 I had tears in my eyes, I felt her pain and confusion like only a good, Mother of the Year kinda mom can.


 Ok, I give up. Mother of the Year out the window. I get it. How about from an amateur mommarazzi  stand point?  Do I get anything for capturing this on film? Anything? Anything at all? Extra icing? A large latte? Alright, until next time, bye bye Spinny Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment