Friday, July 26, 2013

 
Real Life Steel Magnolias
Day 88
July 26th, 2013
Team Zybko


"I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special"
Classic quote from the 1989 movie, Steel Magnolias. 
I was privileged to 30 minutes of wonderful last week with these seasoned ladies. A combination of estrogen never before seen in this lifetime. No husbands waiting for us in the car or little ones dragging under foot. No pre-teens pulling on my shirt or wondering when we can get the Slurpee I promised them back in fragile isle if they didn't touch a thing. It was just the four of us, all 228 years total. Everything about the unexpected outing made me smile from the inside out. 4 generations of wisdom, experience, bad jokes, trials, laughs and of course admitted mistakes. I suppose my age amongst the crazy foursome makes me a shoe-in to be the Sally Field character.
 
 Oh yeah, I am totally cool with that but I tell you what's better. In the new Steel Magnolias movie that came out last year, apparently while I was living under a rock my character would be Queen Latifah. Double oh yeah. My friends Christie and Gemma can vouch for me here. We were just shooting the breeze about who would play out our lives in the upcoming Hollywood hit.
 
SOCCER MOMS OF FLORENCE COUNTY
 
It was in the off season with ALL that extra time on our hands to run fantasies through our heads. Don't judge people, we weren't even drinking. I don't think so anyway. 
 

 
 Gemma I think we settled on the lady from Gilmore Girls and Christie, the mom from Wizards of Wizardly Place. I'm sure all three of them will return my calls and emails soon.
Triple oh yeah. Yeah right that is.
 
The little ones and I rented, watched and sniffled all the way through the new one. I recommend checking out at your local Red Box but don't forget the tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment