Sunday, October 13, 2013




In Search of the Perfect Leaf
Day 160
October 13, 2013
Team Zybko

I clearly didn't think the seating arrangements through ahead of time. Drex and Delaney both got there own kayak to paddle, explore and just cruise along Lake Norman on a gorgeous fall day.  Out of the gate they went in a hurry. That left me with the floppy six year old who likes to pick up every single leaf that falls from every single tree during the month of October, even the ones floating by our canoe. Today as we glided gracefully on top of the reflective water we turned, shimmed and grabbed as many as we could catch. We didn't actually log many miles on account of me having to stop paddling to get a picture, then power paddle to re adjust our course and to over compensate for La La dragging accidentally leaving her paddle off the side of the canoe. Burning abs for the perfect leaf and a happy kid smile. I do what I can. I whole heartily enjoyed the soggy, colorful bouquets given with love and hope they never stop coming. But today as the photographer, paddler and the ultimate adult in charge of her NOT falling in it proved more difficult than I planned. Which brings me to the point of the life jackets. I knew on land they were gonna be big, no child sizes available but it wasn't til I looked at the pictures I saw they REALLY were not fit for safety. They are in my defense strong swimmers but never the less I should know better. Please do not rat me out to my two Coast Guard brothers, they will fry me like a big ole fish. I will do better next time, little sister promise.  




















































No comments:

Post a Comment