Wednesday, October 16, 2013




It's Time to Downsize
Prison Van Gets Kicked to the Curb
Day 164
October 16, 2013
Team Zybko

It's time. I don't want it to be time but it is. I have dragged my feet long enough. Baby Daddy has been super patient with me and my attachment to our current big city gas sucker. It's more than just a van, it always has been. As much time as our family has spent together inside this big hunk of metal it has become part of the family. I'm sure this sounds ridiculous to some people, probably to most people actually but it's true. If Mr. McGoogly could talk he would have a lot to say, he would have a lot to laugh about and maybe even a few sad moments to cry about.    


As I type this I struggle to stay focused and unemotional concerning the recent downsizing. Not because I now ride lower on the road than a go cart or have no floor space to throw my mom gear or need to give up my always ready with anything you need drawers. No, all that will take time to get used to but those aren't the reasons I feel a bit sad. I'm giving up 10 extra seats. Seats that will never be filled again on a regular basis. Closing a chapter of my life, a chapter I really really loved, a chapter with all our babies under one roof. It's heart breaking to admit but it's time. I can't keep holding on, wishing the past back and a happy full house. I need to let go, it's time. It doesn't make any sense and can't be super healthy. Change is good they say, especially with gas prices the way they are. So I am moving on. It's time.

Thank you Mr. McGoogly for your service to our family.
All 129,987 miles were ridden with love.

Beach trips, car lines, ice cream runs, camping times, bike storage, soccer tournaments, Meals on Wheels, bring pudding to a pie fight vehicle, drivers license testing, fossil digs, breakfast to Parking Lot Mission, BFF carpool days, church ski trips, long rides, short rides, wet pool towel holder, lemonade stand, curvy mountain drives, flat land drives, Christmas tree carrier, roof fun to get a better view, gym duty, fishing spots, college drop offs and dance off music provider.....etc. 
We love you!

The good news about the down sizing.....
It takes one third the money to fill it up but a full tank will take us three times as far. Whoa.
Delaney is finally taller than one of our cars.
La La is close enough to get a glimpse of her reflection.
Drexel's arm can reach me to tickle my ear.
It's a stick shift. I love driving sticks.
BD can stop hinting sweetly to me.
Pictures out of the sun roof opens up new angle possibilities.
I have to admit I like this little VW.
My first car was a 77 VW Rabbit and I loved my sporty yellow VW Bug 3 kids ago. Me and Farfegnugen have a history together.
I can do this. I have no choice. It's time.
It's a car for a new season.  










No comments:

Post a Comment