Wednesday, October 9, 2013


Panning For Gold
October 9, 2013
Day 156
Team Zybko

After watching the worst out of date educational film strip of all time we set out on our own to pan for gold. I tell Baby Daddy we will never get back those precious 20 minutes of our lives so we better find some stinking gold today! To pay back time or something. The Saturday morning weather was beautiful. Sunny and warm but perfect in the shade with a small refreshing breeze on our back as we worked. We each get busy in our own little world, concentrating big time on our $3 pan of rocks, mud, sand and hopefully gold. Not really knowing what to expect or how the process works I worry I have missed some or dumped some out of my pan. Bummer, I am looking for gas money or maybe a 20 ouncer with a scone from Starbucks. The water was murky but no one cared not even princess La La. The bearded man came around and asked if we needed help, showing us proper form and offering a friendly you ain't from these parts are you smile.
I may or may not have had an instant Gold Rush mini crush on this man, I couldn't help it. I appreciated how he was totally into his job, shouting GOOOLLLLD with excitement when he came upon someones pan with a bit of metallic mineral. 
I was green with envy.

We didn't find any shiny flecs or specs the first go around so we all  felt motivated to buy another round. Our little version of an 90 minute Vegas family vacation. We just KNEW we would win next round. Roll the dice baby, keep the pans coming! Long story not so short I continued to snipe pictures of the bearded man and encourage the kids to keep panning. We were determined.

La La's little arms were tired so I took over to help her out. A minute or so later a tiny flake lay at the bottom of the water smiling at me. I shouted out loudly in the most embarrassing way 
I FOUND SOME! 
I FOUND SOME!
I DID!
I DID!
I FOUND SOME!
I wish now I could take it back, grab the words out of the air and shove them back in my pie hole but it was too late. A nice middle aged worker lady came over to bottle up my find. I thanked her nicely taking my special vial from her dusty hands. 
Um, ma'am, do you think the bearded man would come over here and shout gold?
She giggled at the request but called him over anyway.
GOOOOLLLLDDD!!!!
Off to Starbucks we go.


































No comments:

Post a Comment