Thursday, October 10, 2013






Kids in the Kitchen
Punishment Gone Good
Day 157
Team Zybko

I would like to say I am good at this but I am not. Getting the kids in the kitchen, having them truly be part of the cooking process and teaching them how to whip up simple meals. F-. for this momma. Much room for improvement here. I'd rather do it myself, zone out and score a little quiet time with my pots and pans. 
We all know sending a kid off into world without the basics of caring for oneself always comes back to bite you in the butt. Remember that kid you met in college that didn't know how to wash a load of laundry, turn on a vacuum or even cook Ramen noodles for survival? Yea, not cool. 
I decided Delaney needed to be introduced to the wonderful world of preparing a nutritious dinner and serving others, all for under $15. Ok, ok wait. That's sorta a big lie...kinda. I recently became a bit irritated when a recent chain of complaining became a habit concerning what was made for super. 
Ya know I don't like that.
Gross.
Yuck, I just won't eat tonight.
Uh allllrighty then. No skin off my back and tomorrow night you are shopping and cooking for a meal to feed the family. Don't forget to pick something to please everyone. A protein and veggie are a must, plus service with a smile won't hurt either.
My great idea for a punishment and lesson rolled up into a buttery crescent surely back fired on me. 
The said child enjoyed making a menu, cruising the isles of the grocery store, tallying to stay within budget and her time in the kitchen was pure delight. She even found a fresh shower cap from a past hotel visit to play the lunch lady. Bummer, looks like I am the one who learned the lesson. Having your little ones in the kitchen is a great idea, a win win for all involved. Doesn't hurt there was money left over for chocolate cake which she served to me with the cutest 11 year old smile.  









No comments:

Post a Comment