Sunday, March 16, 2014


From the Mouth of my 9 Year Old
Day 316
March 16, 2014
Team Zybko


With my favorite 9 year old tucked perfectly under my arm pit, I squeeze his prepubescent kid shoulders with my hand as we walk across the mall parking lot. Time stands still despite the perfect rhythm of our cadence. I play kick him in the left hiney cheek with an old school backwards twist trick of my right foot. He looks up and smiles impressively at my decorated, laugh lined soccer mom face. I can't hold back a big smirk, it's a happy place. I know he feels it too. Headed to Barnes and Noble on a Friday night for a new book is the icing on the cake. 

Hey mom, he says in an unexpected serious tone.
Yea bud?

If you were a 9 year old boy I bet we would be best friends.
Ya know Drex, I think you are right.

We would probably get in a lot of trouble though.
That's a big possibility.

But we would always have a good time.
Hey Drex, I say trying to keep a straight face.

You are the smartest 9 year boy I know.
Mom, you are the smartest old lady I know.

I kick him again before we reach the entrance, of course just a bit harder this time. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment