Monday, March 17, 2014


Our LOVE Day is Green
Day 317
March 17, 2014
Team Zybko

I Love that day 317 is on 3-17
Couldn't have done that if I tried




Who needs boxes of chocolates and heart shaped balloons to celebrate their love? Not me, I'd rather proudly sport multiple cheesy Don't Pinch Me I'm Irish pins, green underwear and proceed to get a little rowdy while putting back a few beautifully colored beers resembling pond scum. Surely my score in the romantic department will be at an all time low but who cares. March 17th, St. Patrick's Day is the day Baby Daddy and I met. A famous Friday many years ago, a blind date, love at first sight indeed. Technically our phone dates could count as courting, his manly deep voice surrounded with sweetness and a touch of humor had already provoked me to practice my new last name. True story. Like a giddy 3rd grade girl the words happily fell off my lips and onto a piece of scratch paper with I smile. I didn't quite understand it then but the didn't stop me in my quest to master the perfect upper case cursive 'Z".  It's harder than you think. Victoria Zybko, yep that has a nice ring to it.

 When we first laid eyes on each other that afternoon at the airport, gate B5 was aglow in a warm bath of heavenly sent sunshine mingled with the aroma of freshly picked flowers and Calvin Klein cologne. OK, that's totally made up. In reality it probably smelled more like a popurri of Cinnabon icing, weak coffee and BO but again, who cares as the luck of the Irish was with me. Truth is, the only thing I distinctly recall are a set of trusting big brown eyes a grin that meant he too was pleased to meet and a pair of Levi 501's that melted my feminine insides. 

Two and a half months later I joyfully signed a less than perfect upper case "Z" with a sure and steady hand. On the bottom right of a crisp new marriage certificate I carefully and for the first time officially wrote my new name with a fancy pen. Signed, sealed and delivered. No turning back even if I wanted to. 
Our courtship was barely dry but we both knew it was right, meant to be.

Thank you Baby Daddy for your love, time, hard work, encouragement and sweet babies over the years. I love you more with each passing year of our anniversary, our fall in love date, St. Patricks Day. Go ahead and pinch me, not only cause I'm Irish but because I'm your wife. Forever.
OJBP 






No comments:

Post a Comment