Tuesday, March 25, 2014


Heavy Heart for a Special Friend
Day 325
March 25, 2014
Team Zybko


She is super special to me.  I assume with confidence she feels the same about me. Despite the fact we have spent minimal time together over the years I feel her pain like an unexpected knife stab through the chest. 

We have never sat down for lunch, been to each others houses or even know what the other one takes in their coffee. Strangely enough those tiny facts don't matter with a heart friend. Completely irrelevant.

We have shared smiles, stories, prayer requests and have happily discussed how God is working in our lives during our brief passings at the gym. I even loved the name Scarlett as a choice while pregnant with Delilah, not starting with a "D" this obviously wouldn't have worked out. Darn. 

I always looked forward to running into her several times a week. A quick hug, wave or shout out from this lady while teaching water aerobics, shaking my hips to PitBull or a southern car honk in the parking lot of McLeod would push itself to a high light of my day. 

With that being said Scarlett, my heart is so heavy for your loss. The death of your husband and best friend, a man loved by so many. May the Lord wrap His loving arms around you tightly in the coming days and weeks and more importantly in the unbelievable moment in time right now. A place of grief where seconds seem to stand still in a sad mind and body full of shock. 

Our God is good my friend, His love is never ending. He has not left the building, even now as you walk blindly in search of peace about it all. I pray Scarlett He gives you strength, understanding and the necessary earthly angles to love on you as He guides you through this valley. I love you dearly and so many of us our lifting you up. 

1 Chronicles 6:11
Look to the Lord and His strength
Seek His face always.        


1 comment: