Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Tooth Fairy Be Broke
Day 324
March 23, 2014
Team Zybko


So I have this "friend" you see.... it ain't her first rodeo at this whole tooth fairy thing but she acts more like a rookie mom these days.  Psshhh, I mean......of course a veteran mom would have acquired certain tricks to store in the back pocket of her jam jamz and to always and I mean always have small bills on hand during the wiggly, bloody gummed years between 5-8. This experienced mom walks with excitement infused with a touch of fear at the possibility of falling asleep before her duties are completed. Who can afford a BIG FAT black "X" on their permanent record these days? Not me. 

  I'm not judging her or anything but geez, from the story she just told me I believe she has hit rock bottom. A sleepy 6 year old with a new hole in her smile has the expectation of an overnight paycheck but she, the made up friend had no cash. Eeekkkk. What to do, what to do. Get dressed and rush to an ATM? No way, then I.....I mean she would have to stop at the local 7-11 to break the $20 bill and nobody got time for that. Although a Coke Slurpee and a batch of midnight nachos sounds really good right now.  

Hhhhmmm....search the house for rogue coins, dip into Baby Daddy's collection of wheat pennies? No...no...no...too noisy and darn, I did that last week to pay for a much needed late afternoon latte. No whip, that would have been extra.
Last resort, borrow from the toothless child's piggy bank and vow to pay her back. Yes, my friend actually admitted the tooth fairy stole money from her very own child to pay her very own child for doing nothing more than allowing a tooth to fall out of her face. The child that could care less about any amount of money in this season of her life. {{{Wait, is this wrong or is it genius?}}} 

 She even bragged about having the smarts to enlist an older more awake sibling to fill in for this particular shift. Now, I have to admit, this mom right here who has been around the block more times than she cares to say is gonna steal that last idea, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment