Wednesday, October 10, 2012




365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #226
October 10, 2012
When Glow Sticks Explode

While lovingly stirring the water for some yummy home cooked instant potatoes, Delilah comes running from the bathroom like a bank robber fleeing a crime scene. Both hands generously stained with glow in the dark, green neon chemicals.
The new five year old is slightly panicked
 expressing a worried dramatic look.
Will it ever come off mommy?
I respond in a calm voice
I'm sure honey, I'm sure it will.
I advise her to simply wash with nice warm water and good smelling flowery Target soap.
I smile sweet on the outside, but secretly I wonder about her future and lucrative career as a hand model.
Dang, I guess it's on to plan "B".
Back to the school track and kindergarten books tomorrow.




Inside my big ole head my brain is swimming with concerns. 
Big questions come to mind.
What is this freaky stuff actually made out off?
 Did she put it near her mouth?
Will it come off the tile floor before we are charged?
AND the most important one of course....
Will I be able to get a picture of the newly decorated John? 


We all squish inside the small space and shut the door tight.
 For a proper show, no light is needed.
Whoa.....dude. COOL. This is totally awesome.
As my eyes dart quickly to every corner of the room I hear a tiny relieved voice whisper in the dark.  
She isn't mad, she isn't mad at all.
No way.
This was the most unique natural kid disaster I have seen this side of 40. 



On the toilet seat, towels, floor, cabinet doors and even the rolled up double ply had a somewhat beautiful, hazardous glow. I don't have a tripod and don't know enough about my camera to capture an award winning glow in the dark photo. That's OK, it's just for this soccer mom who had thought she had seen it all.
And for documentation purposes. After many years in the potty trenches, I was over the top elated it wasn't poop.
This time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment