Monday, October 29, 2012




365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 241
October 30th, 2012
My Pit-Stop Side-Kick





Motor Boat Lake. A beautiful lake my prison van can't resit any more than my Nikon and big kid heart. It's big ole wheels seem to swerve into the turning lane with the sign warning;
 Right Turn Only/ Boat Slip
without me even thinking about it. We live in the middle of nowhere so to go anywhere we pass this spot pretty much every time we leave the house. At least 3 or 4 times a week we find ourselves standing on our personal boat slip, inches away from the sparkly, cold water. Just me and the kids, making simple memories, my favorite kind. No one is ever there but us. I guess the other Minnie-sodians are skipping rocks, picking flowers and snapping picks of the pretty sky at one of the other 9,999 lakes. This particular day was too cold for the girls to get out of the warm security of the van. I don't blame them really, it couldn't have been more than 28. It felt just right where I was, looking from behind the huge wind shield. The toasty 75 degree air blowing at me through the broken, front air vent felt glorious. I contemplated watching my, growing faster than a weed 7 year old have a little boy fun all by himself.

Then I thought again....

Warm seat verses
blue freezing fingers.
Lazy soccer mom
verses special time with Drex.
Watching him explore verses
being a co-explorer.
Complaining about how these years fly by verses
using the minutes I still have.

I have to admit my mind wandered back to how much I freakishly despise being chilled from the inside out. Thank goodness those 8 seconds of complaining didn't freeze my good decision making. Cause 8 seconds later I was out in the -20 below wind chill temperature
(slight exaggeration) making the warmest of good times with my little man.























No comments:

Post a Comment