Sunday, October 14, 2012



365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 228
October 14th, 2012
Despite My Appearance
 I Feel Pretty
Like most of us I'm thankful on a daily basis about a ton of blessings in my life. Some blessings don't change from the sunrise all the way to bedtime.
Happy
 To see a new day 
Being a mom
Six little ducklings 
Baby daddy
Health
Family
Friends
Sunshine
 Money in checking to eat
Clean clothes
Strong Coffee
Matching socks
Full tank of gas
The smell of new shoes
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hair clips for impulsive bang decisions
High lighter gel sharpies
Colorful Sprinkles
Whoops....OK
I admit my mind wandered off the important stuff pretty fast.
Seriously though, in this new season I am super appreciative of how God so lovingly hand picked the five of us from the heat of South Cackalacky and plunked us down in the middle of beautiful Northern Minnesota. It took me a while to shake off the shock of it all and get it but sometimes I am a super
s...l...o...w learner. That's for a different post. I could write for a week about how this soccer mom often puts on blinders and is stubborn as an ox. Wait, or is it strong as an ox? Oh yea, it's a mule or something.
Any who.
I am tremendously grateful, more than ever in this cold season and I mean actual
season season not a spiritual kinda season,
 that Baby Daddy loves my guts and not my outward appearance.
 Example A below.....       




Even if I was a fancy schmancy girly girl I have yet to figure out how it
would work out here.
Fix your hair just right,
to put on a hat.
Get a manicure,
to cover hands up with gloves.
Latest lipstick,
to have it freeze and chip off.
Work on your figure at the gym,
to bundle it up.
Gorgeous pumps,
to slip and break your face.



(view from behind my hat)  

I laugh at myself for the way I look in public. No worries. At this point in my life I would rather do my best at fighting the elements than be in the running for Mrs. Minnesota. Although that bumper sticker on the van would totally rock, I am certainly not winning any beauty awards in our short stay here. Working on loving ones guts and seeing the inside. Looking like a female version of John Candy in my Good Will purchased man parka, Baby Daddy really has no choice. Furry pink camo hat? Bring it on. My over sized head has never been so warm and cozy in all it's days. The synthetic fur however does constrict my view quite a bit but that's OK. Kids aren't running off anytime soon. Just as afraid of the random wild animals lurking in the trees as I am, they stick pretty close to mama bear 100% of the time.

With a long week of school behind us we didn't let the grey skies and low temperatures get us down. Friday afternoon at our favorite park "in town" was a special treat.





Thin cotton L. L. Bean gloves simply do not cut it out here. North Face or Mountain Hardware is more of a fashion statement in SC than a true necessity. Not so much here, ya gotta have the gear to survive.



And to be a Southern Princess you may just have to sell out a tinsy bit.
I have gone with out buying shampoo for weeks to purchase these keep from complaining cheaters. Hand and and foot warmers are my new love and happiness while outdoors. Hey don't judge about the cleanliness of my hair, no one sees the grease, trust me.



My five year old stylist and self proclaimed fashion plate refused to put on her gloves and hat. Horrified with the way my non-guts parts looked,
she asked with a snarly sassy lip before getting out of the van
Mom, are you really going out in puck-lick like that?  



It's what's on the inside that counts speech seemed  to fall on cold deaf ears as her bare hands readjusted her miniature stylish glasses. Before long, as I  knew it was coming, she asks in a tiny shaky voice for my gloves. This ain't my first rodeo. Good news about a man jacket, pockets are lumberjack big like a good sized  purse with no strings attached. AMAZING really.  Extra hats, gloves, phone, chapstick, to-do lists, snacks, water bottle and keys ALL fit nicely. Important side note, remember not to put warmers in the same pocket as your lip balm. Lesson learned the hard way.             





I myself am still learning and in big time training about loving my guts alone. I like to look pretty on the outside, who doesn't? It's a tricky thing though to work on guts while ignoring shallow thoughts about grey hair and new wrinkles on my aging face.

 Truth is:
When I think outside my own little world
 I feel pretty.
When I love others like I want to be loved 
 I feel pretty.
When I do for others
 I feel pretty
When I read and memorize scripture
I feel pretty.
When I ignore disapproving stares
I feel pretty.
When I let my actions speak
I feel pretty.  
When I pray
 I feel pretty.
When I stop comparing myself to others
I feel pretty.
When I remember how much God loves me
      I feel pretty.      



1 comment:

  1. i think you live inside my head (which would bother me more if it weren't you!) and go 'poo less....about 3-4 TBSP of baking soda mixed with water into a paste, let stand on your hair while you are doing whatever else you do in the shower (I hide from the kids mostly) and then add a diluted 1/4 cup vinegar. Rinse. Yes, you will make a volcano on your head but your hair will be super soft and over time only need this done about once or t.wice a week.

    ReplyDelete