Tuesday, November 26, 2013




A Prayer and Happy Thoughts 
For Traveling College Students
Day 202
November 26, 2013
                                            Team Zybko

I can't help but smile a big cheesy grin as I scroll down my Face Book news feed today. It is happily littered with giddy parental posts, some in ALL CAPS to em-fah-sas just how happy they are.  Excitement about their college babies coming home for the holidays. I can relate. They are happy and eager to hug them, do their laundry, cook their favorite foods and simply put, more than ready to enjoy their company. Filling up a gas tank or two, turning your cheek to a less than acceptable messy room and of course no curfew will all be part of the equation. I wish my other old friends who obviously don't look old enough to have children 18 years and older a good visit. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of a fuller house, more dishes and the less than normally scheduled quiet time. 
The weather is scheduled to be pretty nasty across the board, so please be careful driving kids. Us old people want you back in one piece.




Psalm 121:8
the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Heavenly Father, I am in complete awe of you. Humbly I come to you in prayer for our children, actually your children on loan to us. I am completely topped off with thanksgiving for your faithfulness and the kind of God you are. An ever loving, present God that hears our requests and keeps a close eye on our children, 24/7/365. You watch over them when they are under our roofs and when they are not. I ask you Lord to safeguard, to put a protective layer of bubble wrap around all the college kids coming and going this holiday week. Thank you for the blessing and joy of motherhood. In Jesus' sweet and precious name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment