Friday, November 8, 2013


What Healthy Looks Like
Before and After
Day 188
November 8, 2013
Team Zybko




BEFORE


AFTER

Baby Daddy is HALF the man he used to be. Well, not actually HALF the man but it sure seems like a good point of exaggeration for a weight loss story. If he really was HALF the person he used to be he would now weigh about the size of a third grader, only 85 pounds. Speaking of pounds he isn't even really into stepping on a scale to find out specifics. I am more curious about the numbers than he is. Big David who will need a new nick name soon if he continues at this rate has given his diet a make over. His diet is simple, it simply consists of eating the right stuff. Stuff that makes a good difference to your body. Lots of protein and no sweets. You heard me, no sweets....at all. This will either lead to a divorce or encourage me to get my sweet tooth under control. He is no longer the sugary enabler he used to be in this department. He does gently remind me 28 days out of the month that eating 3 cupcakes in one sitting or devouring ice-cream in a dark closet from the container isn't such a great or healthy idea. The other two days are off limits. Period! (ha ha) To explain how smart this is for his personal survival and the good of the entire family will be for another post. Until then I will brag on my husband and his will power, which is contagious like the flu, but in a better way. Baby Daddy is somewhat limited with physical activity, for reasons not explained here. My point being. You can get healthier and loose weight easily by starting with your eating. I saw a chart a little while back that described the equation or the real deal of getting to and maintaining the ideal weight for your body. Ironically enough it was a PIE chart that informed the reader to what the three specific slices were that made up the 100% of fit. Pretty sure all three slices were fresh out of the oven and topped with a hefty scoop of Breyers French Vanilla Ice Cream but that's not the point. I need to wait a few more weeks for that. 
So listen here people, you people that sweat it out in the gym only to go through Bojangles for mac and cheese, blueberry iced biscuits and a large sweet tea on the way home. This will get you nowhere. I know who you are, you are my people and I saw your car behind me in the drive thru line. Busted. That's ok, you get a re-do. Ready set go. 80% is what you eat, 10% is genetics and 10% is your work out. I have been doing it backwards for years. Blah. And just so you know, eating ribs off the bones with the sweetest of bar-b-que sauce is not considered a workout. I checked. And I'm sorry. You also, according to the chart can only blame your parents for you big butt 10% of the time. Again, I'm sorry.

Don't wait for the new year to change up you eating for the better. Start today....or Monday if you are the even steven, fresh start kinda guy. Baby steps so you don't get thrown off balance. You  WE can do it, I know, I have seen it play out, one day at a time. Thank you to my real life, live in, healthy example.   



I only included this picture of Baby Daddy because it it special to me, a super rare deal. Not because I think he looks handsome or because it looks as if he positioned his arms into an actual pose or because his back pack matches his shorts BUT because this marks the first time EVER Baby Daddy ever asked to have his picture taken. You my friend, are my favorite Army General of all time! 
I am so proud of you :)


1 comment: