Monday, November 11, 2013

Running Round-Up/Week #1
and
Snaps of Real Life
Day 190
November 11, 2013
Team Zybko



So I am still a long way from my running goal of participating in the Annual Bridge Run in Charleston but the good news I am closer than I was a week ago. The first 4 workouts of the Couch to 5k are behind me, tucked away and securely logged in on my iPhone. Getting started.....sometimes that's the hardest part. Pushing yourself into the first step of a big job or goal is hard. It's definitely easier to just keep thinking about it but it's certainly less rewarding. That goes for most things in life from the pile of laundry to going back to college to finish a degree. Thinking the thoughts, picturing the finish line, writing days left on an index card and blowing smoke doesn't take that much energy. That's the fun part. The actual doing part is a bit harder. It's the translating, dumping and motivating those goals from your mind into the real world part. The real world of a busy schedule, raising kids, cold temperatures and every excuse in the book as big ole stumbling blocks your Nike's are forced to jump over as the week rolls along. So here I am, only a few inches past the starting line marked in hot pink sidewalk chalk. I moved when the race gun went off, now I just need to keep moving. No problem though. Thanks to that guy Newton, this law has already been figured out and written down. A body in motion tends to stay in motion. 
Let's do this thang.    





































No comments:

Post a Comment