Monday, November 4, 2013


Cooper River Bridge Run Countdown
Day 183
November 4, 2013
Team Zybko



Huge thank you to my friend Christie for a simple motivational text and my new friend Jill for setting a good example during her daughters soccer practice. I now have my eyes set on a race. Not for anyone else but for me. The Cooper River Bridge Run, only152 days from today. I am really out of running shape, so I'm pretty sure the five months til the start gun will fly by, one training mile at a time. It's been a while since I have been in the running zone, about 10 years give or take a few months on either side. I felt the best during that fitness season, I was lighter and more in tuned with healthy eating. Would seriously love to get back there. I will be honest though, I don't actually like running all that much. Maybe because I am big time duck footed and quite heavy on my feet witch tends to equal....not built for speed.  The good news is I hear you can retrain the way you run, that will take time and some research, clearly that's another post altogether. I'm not into time at the moment anyway. I am not in it to win it, just in it to get fit, get a little faster and have some fun.  So that's where I am, out of shape and starting from scratch. Hanging up my dancing shoes for a while, switching fitness gears but keeping the iTunes stocked with my favorite Pit Bull songs. Who's with me? We can do this thang people. Couch to 5K and beyond starts TODAY. Tie up your shoes, pull up your sliding shorts, get the app for phone and lets get moving.
Three, two, one.......GO!    

No comments:

Post a Comment