Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Soccer Dad Love Affair
Day 139
September 19, 2013
Team Zybko


He's got moves like Jaggar AND Ronaldinho. 
I couldn't ask for more. 
I couldn't be happier. 
I couldn't be more in love. 
Actually I take that last one back.
I could be more in love with him cause each day brings new reason, new memories and new experiences. Creating a deeper love affair with my favorite soccer dad of all time. I don't often write here about Baby Daddy, I mean he is involved in many of the goofy stories and thoughts posted here but usually NOT all about him. That's not his thing, he says its a little embarrassing. Well I love him so much I won't make it about him, I will make it about me. I'm good at that. 


I post here about what's on my mind and my heart as I live it. A current reflection beaming off my laptop as it happens. Releasing  my emotions as my fingers fly across the keyboard. A therapeutic internet dumping before my day closes and a new day begins. I don't wanna forget these days, the moments caught on film or the lessons learned from experience.



Each new season brings newness.
I feel like a newlywed. A smitten new bride with a bursting heart.
I loathe the work day hours we are seperated. 
After two and a half years of living apart, waking up next to BD is new. Eating dinner with him every night is new.
Holding hands at night between the gap in our blowup mattresses is new. The ability to meet him for lunch is new.
Reading Bible Stories together as a family every night is new.
New new new....everything feels new and refreshing.

I love how the LORD shows up big in a new season.
He has a way of blessing your socks off through the prior season. 
The season we considered hard, unnecessary or painful while going through. 
Not like He owes us a thing but he seems to reward our efforts anyway. Wow! The LORD can refresh anything and everything.
The love I thought was great before becomes even greater, deeper and wider. Even better than I could imagine.


Like a giddy new bride I check my watch a million times around the dinner hour. Waiting for the text he is on his way home from work. A work which is now only 15 minutes away. Sweet!
I can't get enough of his face, his smell or his touch. My stomach flutters when I hear his voice and watch him with our children. I tried to figure out a way to profess my love for my husband in a non obnoxious way but I'm not sure I succeeded. If you haven't thrown up already read this last part. You men out there, feel free to use this line at any time. You women, please smile along with me, can't think of any one of us that wouldn't wanna hear this.



Honey, you have a way of making me feel like the only woman on the planet.

Well, you are the only woman on my planet.

Cheesy record keeping done. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment