Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Kids Also See What I  DON'T Do
Day 126
September 4, 2013
Team Zybko


As a parent I am all too aware that my children see me do everything. The good, bad, sweet and the ugly and yes, the ugliest in my book, the hypocritical stuff. Am I practicing what I preach 100 percent of the time? Well let me just answer that by saying, this is a super hard part of raising children.  I'm still  learning, making mistakes and tweaking my behavior I want my kids to see. Everyday I can do better, everyday I pray about it. Trying my hardest with God on my side at the start of every new beautiful sunrise. 

Something funny hit me the other day. Not funny ha ha but something funny hhmmm why hadn't I thought about this before. Not only do my kids see what I do do (now that's funny, ok, maybe only if you are 8, just smile with me) they also see what I don't do. Duh.

They see me when I don't follow rules cause I think they are dumb
They see me when I don't put a cart back at the grocery store
They see me when I don't go out of my way to help a friend
They see me when I don't spend time in my Bible
They see me when I don't speak sweet to Baby Daddy
They see me when I don't give monetarily to one in need
They see me when I don't get out of bed to go help at PLM
They see me when I don't let someone in during a traffic jam
They see me when I don't finish a project
They see me when I don't make good food decisions
They see me when I don't stick up for myself
They see me when I don't follow through on a promise
They see me when I don't go to Church for a beach trip
The see me when I don't show compassion for the little things
They see me when I don't let God lead my way   


I really like this picture because of the obvious confusion, tiny bit of pouting and separate conversations happening. Doesn't have much to do with the post but thought it worthy to use here until I can create a better thought about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment