Wednesday, September 18, 2013



The Simple Life
Enjoying My Blow Up Mattress
Day 138
September 18, 2013
Team Zybko


(The point of this post is not to sound preachy to anyone else. I needed to get this off my chest in the event I forget everything down the road. When we eventually DO get all our stuff settled I will seriously need this reminder. Stuff doesn't create happiness. I am happy today, right now, just as I am. Surrounded by people and not matching dishes. I can smile equally as big with or without my warm cozy quilt, favorite pancake making bowl, comfy prayer chair, fridge calendar etc. I can do without.) 

We are living the simple life around these parts. It’s quite nice really. Not a lot of extras these days. No extra activity and no extra stuff equals less hassle and worry. Period. That’s where we are at the moment. Simple…simple…and less simple. During the last two months we have found ourselves bopping around from one place to the next like the Traveling Goober-berries. It has been an adventure to say the least. While waiting on our apartment to be vacant, all of our necessary family belongings have fit into the prison van, no problem. Everything we need to keep our daily routine going, a small bag of clothes, a few kitchen items, wall chargers, individual pillow and blanket combo and a toiletry bag. With only one bench seat left hooked in the van, it's a piece of cake. Let me tell you, my pack up to curb time has improved ten fold. I wish it was an Olympic event or better yet, it could be my talent when I compete in the Mrs. Soccer Mom USA. Zero to checkout in 20 minutes flat. Bam. Gold medal and crown. Bam Bam Bam. Look for next season on cable. 




The other night we had fun reminiscing the pros and cons of the many addresses in the past 2 months, 10 in all. Between the 2 friends houses, Hotwire hotel deals, quick trips back home, out of town soccer tournaments and the New York honeymoon, 10 different places and maybe we missed one who knows.  Having moved into the apartment only a few days ago we haven’t had a chance to go ‘home’ and raid our house for a few luxuries. Items that make a house traditionally easier to live in like maybe some beds, kitchen supplies, back up homeschooling stuff, a vacuum and an end table or two. At the current moment our new place looks somewhat similar to a college frat house, minus the beer bottles, left over pizza boxes and random panties. La La’s five year old little mermaid underwear surely doesn’t count. No cable, internet or washer or dryer. A gutted simple abode. Simple is easy, way easier. Blow up furniture, washed out red Solo cups, 8 forks, a skillet and plastic bin of school books. Simple is where it’s at. Several closets remain unused, my mix matched picnic plates could have a party on the shelf, nothing else getting in the way. No point wasting good air complaining about the conveniences you miss from a normal operating house. Snoozer. I mean do you really need more than one slotted spoon, spatula or coffee cup. After all I AM the only one who actually drinks coffee. We have plenty. We have everything we need. The key to survival is allowing a little extra time in your day for rearranging and doubling up the uses for common items. Pool towels are now bath towels. Soccer chairs are now living room couches. An old sweatshirt is now a pair of pot holders. Cleaned out ice cream tubs are now serving dishes. Picnic blankets are now a wonderful comforters. Not bad I say. This simple life ain’t bad at all.    
  

This is NOT our apartment but we did get to stay at this beautiful new house for a few weeks. 
Thank you Bruncle Keith!





No comments:

Post a Comment