Thursday, September 26, 2013

 For the LOVE of Bumper Stickers
Day 143
September 26th, 2013
Team Zybko



While in Knoxville a few weeks for a soccer tournament I couldn't help gravitate toward this parked prison van. I was drawn in first by the oval soccer mom love. I love bumper stickers, especially the ones not actually put on a bumper. When did we start doing this, I don't know. Baby Daddy jokes if I put one more on our rear window he wouldn't be able to see clearly out of the back. I smile and roll my eyes, in a fun way not a disrespectful way of course. He knows I will put another one on and I know his Dudley Do Right safety self will use the side mirrors to check behind him while driving. Anyway, after reading just a few of these as I stood outside of Jason's Deli I knew I had to get a picture. Smirking from one ear to the other I had already formed and image and a story to match the driver of this van. 

She hates Wal-mart but prefers to buy her fruits and veggies from a cutesy local market on the side of a country-ish road.

She gave birth to her half a dozen child with no pain medicine.
A few tennis balls for back labor and the standard hee hee hee ho breathing technique was all she needed.

She supports fundraisers to keep the mom and pop stores going.

She hasn't shaved her legs in over a week.

She breast fed at least 2 of her children til they were 3 and could care less what people think about it.

None of her kids are in college yet.

She owns at least one pair mom jeans cause they feel just right and she isn't competing in any beauty contests anytime soon.

She owns a ratty hoody with her college alma mater on the front, barely still visible from being so faded and worn.

She sometimes has trouble staying focused while backing up her van. As a result she has hit a mailbox and/or a trash can in her day.

She has no idea where her hair brush has wandered off to but knows exactly where every part of her kids homeschool curriculum is.

She loves to be outdoors but can get a bit spooked out by huge furry spiders along the hiking trail. 

The last thing I assumed was....if I lived in Knoxville I would probably be friends with this lady. 

What do your bumper stickers say about you?
  


1 comment:

  1. Spot on analysis! Maybe you should become a 'Bumper-sticker Psychologist'!

    ReplyDelete