Sunday, July 8, 2012



365 Random Day of Team Zybko
Day # 179
July 8th, 2012
Fish Slapped by GOD

PSALM 118:24
THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE
LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD.

 The verse doesn't say
BE MAD
or
BE SAD
it says
BE GLAD

I know it's normal to be mad and sad at times, that's ok. For me though I am desperately trying to be glad in this season. Today we found a great Catholic Church in the closest little town, Biwabik,
Population 972 according to my phone on the short drive there this morning. Mass was uplifting and fulfilling. The perfect combination of tradition, friendliness and a little modern uummfff. Just what this recently transplanted born again Catholic girl needed. So today for 60 minutes and I mean exactly 60 minutes. Catholics aren't really into lingering too much after Mass or going outside the allotted time budget for worship.
Let's just say we are efficient and orderly people.
For a full hour I was fish slapped by GOD. Right cheek, left cheek, forhead and chin. Yes, fish slapped over and over again. Like in a really good necessary Fatherly way that is. He knew exactly what I needed to hear this morning. Through the Priests Homily, 2 of my favorite hymns and a reading my sweet friend Emily had literally sent me via text the night before. The smiley pleasant northern people sharing the pews around me were....well pleasant but not overly in your face. My mind and curious eyes have on occasions wandered around the congregation during time of prayer. Not today. I wasn't really aware or distracted by my surroundings. This morning was a personal meeting between me and my God. I felt as if the message was solely heard and written for me. I could expand forever and dedicate a weeks worth of blogs about this wonderful much needed experience but for now I have a simple short thought.
Enjoy your day guys. Be glad! Be happy for opportunities to use the gifts God has blessed you with. Let us rejoice and be glory bearers no matter what tiny city, huge metropolis or country road you wake up everyday. 
Thank you God for waking me up this morning.

PS...ummm excuse me Lord. I hate to bother you. I'm sure you already know that I hate the smell, taste and feel of your beautiful creatures of the sea. Not trying to offend you or anything just keeping lines of communication open. SO next time you spiritual slap me, could you maybe use a double chocolate, vanilla cream icing cup cake instead.
Thank you so much.   
Love one of your biggest fans.
P.S.S
I do enjoy some seafood.
Hush puppies with honey butter is a match made in Heaven.
Thanks again :)

  

Woke up Sunday in
Florence, South Carolina.



Woke up Monday in
Louisville, Kentucky




                                                                 Woke up Tuesday in
                                                                   Chicago, Illinois




                                                      Woke up Wednesday in
                                     Biwabik, Minnesota


1 comment:

  1. I love the woke up pictures. They're all pretty, but I gotta say the pool looks most inviting. I'm sure eventually your view in Minn. will be more inviting, though- at least you're still near water :).

    Glad church was good!

    ReplyDelete