Saturday, July 7, 2012


365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #175
July 6th,2012
A Little Can go a Long Way


It's nasty and cold out and I am a million flippin' miles away from the heat wave my friends and family are living through on the east coast.The first rainy day we have had here in Minnesota since we have arrived. Kids are getting restless so we decide to check out the local mall for lack of any outdoor activities to do. Turns out it's only roughly the size of a Super Walmart, really quiet, and frankly a bit depressing. I'm slowly coming out of my funk but still a little blue. DQ queen always cheers me up but I'm trying to do better with my eating especially since I've lost my favorite Zumba gig. I sure could use a pick me up. Maybe I won't eat it all. I could share....yea right. They do have mini Blizzards now, those can't be too bad for you. Right?
I turn my head as the signature red DQ sign gets closer and closer. I stare out the window and fight back tears for the 23rd time since waking up. I stay strong and don't even give Baby Daddy puppy dogs eyes as we hit a stop sign right beside the Grill N' Chill. I'm already depressed enough I'm wearing a sweatshirt on July 6th. I suppose ice cream will only make that worse. We take our time and cruise up and down the isles of a local sporting goods store. All sorts of unfamiliar jacked up items I never knew I needed before or will need living in Minnesota. The camping stuff is fun. A huge pronged metal marshmallow stick that hold 20 fat big guys at at time. That's kinda dumb I think to myself. Nobody ever wants their mallows burnt the same way. Duh. I try on and take pictures with a totally cool expensive fishing vest. Pockets on pockets with more pockets for gear. I think that's also kinda dumb, just carry a tackle box dude. Maybe it was just the mood I was in, let's face Fishermen need pockets and cooking that many mallows at a time would make S'more making that much faster. We carry on in search on Deep Woods Off bug spray. I see a light at the end of the tunnel. The shoe isle. I spot a pair of flashy Nikes that are a new design to me. I perk up almost instantly like a sugar buzz. Turning the hot pink and white left shoe in all directions super slowly while nodding my head. Oh, man I like these. I think about giving BD the puppy dogs eyes stored in my back pocket for these types of shoe emergencies but I think again. In my heart I know they are simply not in the budget. If he could spoil me with them he would but the mosquito repellent department is calling, that item is on the list. I put my dream shoe down and walk fast to catch up, still looking around for deals or possible purchases  That's when I spot em. At the bottom of the shelf haphazardly thrown down are a pair of hot pink shoe laces. Only $1.98. What? Really? They will be perfect in my not new Nikes. I feel happy for the first time all day. My old self has returned. BD is happy too to see the real Victoria too. So happy he doesn't give me the please stop eyes as I shimmy shimmy coco puff Zumba style all the way out of the store.              


1 comment:

  1. I have found the hardest part of moving is the lack of a routine. Hope you find your groove soon!!

    ReplyDelete