Sunday, July 8, 2012






365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day #178
July 7th, 2012
Our New Playground

Mommy, can you help me do the tall pole thing?
Huh?
Up there on our new playground.
Oh sure I'll help but I think you can do it by yourself.  






Mardi Gras beads, play make-up applied by herself, a new pair of Hannah Montana Good Will jeans and a fresh coat of fire engine red nail polish. This 4 year old....ahem....excuse me ....almost 5 year old is ready to go. In less than 2 months Delilah will have 5 candles placed just right atop a homemade chocolate cake, pink and sparkly I'm sure. This girly girl has had more mascara and jewelry on in her short combined months than I have in my entire 29 years.....ahem....ok 40 and a half...whatever.....who keeps track of that stuff  ;)   




My little sunshine princess is not exactly a risk taker.
Which to me is quite a relief considering the placement of her birth order....right after the Drexler.
So when I said;
 Oh honey I think you can do it.
 Between us I wasn't completely sold on my own words.
The baby of the family seemed to have acquired way more Condit genes than Zybko genes when it comes density and straight up agility. I'm not knocking it though, it is what it is and trust me when I say her off the red carpet runway toughness will come in handy one day. If for some reason she kicks off her heels and tries out for the rugby team.




 No sweaty helmet on just yet, only some  knock off colorful Merrel's for our new Summer Camp lifestyle.
I give her all the proper instructions.
Lean forward....yes...now the other hand...uh huh...doing great....now sorta fling both legs forward and wrap around the pole and jump at the same time.

I can't do it mommy.
Yes you can.
I can't.
You can.
I can't.
Yes, I KNOW you can.

Finally after about 2 minutes of this I was on board too.
Ok, I'm going to count it down.
3....2....1  




The very first go at it was a success.
She is beyond proud of herself.
Jumping up and down with her new shoes on the moist lake sand.

I DID IT!
YOU DID IT!
I DID IT!
YOU DID IT!
Perfect the first try.
I KNEW YOU COULD!

I wonder how many times my own mother pulled one of these fast ones in her mind to get me motivated. Probably a gazillion. I actually think it happened the other day via text. Grandma is a very very good texter lady and mom. I wish blogging was around back in the day to have a few of her thoughts to bounce off of mine. I guess for now I will live in the moment.

Hey Delilah, you gotta do it again so I can get some pictures.
Ok mommy! I can do it! All by myself.
Yes, I know you can.   




No comments:

Post a Comment