Friday, July 20, 2012


365 Random Days of Team Zybko
Day # 186
July 20th, 2012
Digital Bloopers

The other day I commented on my friends Face Book post about old school film. She recently has crossed over to the digital world and was processing her last remaining 13 rolls.
A slough of memories flooded my brain. The excitement and discovery of which shots came out just right or the disappointment of the wasted blurry and off frame losers. Man oh man, none of those issues with the modern click of the shutter. Now a days racking up over a hundred pictures in an afternoon is easily done. No worries about rationing out the last of your precious 24 available shots. Totally different mentality. After cruising through the thick envelope of doubles the negatives would promptly be put in the proper container. I have many labeled shoe boxes on shoe boxes of negatives kept 'just in case' of a photo emergency. Even with that back up system I felt it almost impossible to throw out a bad, unusable picture. Like it was against my religion or something. That was then and this is now......so here I am years later with......the same stupid disorder.
 You thought I would have made some sort of step forward didn't you? Wrong. Still to this day to delete a picture takes pure concentration and super human strength on the tip of my right index finger. Even without a use for them I barely ever kick one off my memory stick. A bit ridiculous I admit but surely I am not alone on this one.
Right? Hello? Fellow freaks where are you? 
So this post is dedicated to the stacked up digital not quite blog worthy (until now) not clear or maybe not as precious as I once thought pictures burning a hole in my removable disc. Real life stuff that really does happen but may not want to fess up too. I have turned over a new leaf. They will not be wasted. Let me up load them so I can then hit that tiny read "X"
Yes, I am sure I want to permanently delete them.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Yeah right. You know I've got em saved on a back up disc.
  


Drexel going in for a bite of his sisters arm.
 


Panic look to follow is a classic.

 

It's too bright mom.
Ok, close your eyes and when I count to 3 open your eyes and smile.
Oh, never mind...forget it.



I'm sure it was a creative kinda game that kept them busy.


I think that one is gonna leave a mark.



Homemade oatmeal play dough gone wrong, very wrong.

 

Right before Delilah performs a dead on imitation of me. 




These little Minnesota insects make the biggest clicking noise as they fly past your head.

Big trouble in little China when Drexel falls out.

 

A few minutes later we all saw the peanut butter sandwich
he had for lunch.
The one he still wore proudly on his right cheek.

La La's foot somehow got caught in Delaney's hair.
All the way down the slide.




Um Drex, you do know you look like a
home schooler in that outfit right?
Yea, I don't mind looking goofy.
Alrighty then, let's roll out

 


Delilah's room with a view from her sweet stroller ride.

 

Indiana Jones Jr. didn't quite make this one.


After visiting a wolf conservation center for an entire afternoon BD thought posing with this fur as if I was wearing a murdered animal probably wasn't the point of the lectures. I remember feeling like Zsa Zsa Gabor at the time but clearly my Nikon captured a different image. A tired make up smudged need some chapstick soccer mom.
No Face Book profile here.

Bad bad bad storm somewhere in Kentucky.
 

Wipers couldn't keep up with the sheets of heavy rain.
Either could my nervous lips as I prayed at least
 a hundred Our Fathers in those 8 long minutes.



I should have seen the glimmer in his eyes.


Somewhere in between the picture above and the picture below.
Drexel fell in.
Drexel is soaked.
Delaney is questioned?
Delaney was found not guilty.
Angry looking man came out of his fancy schmancy Chicago office to tell me to get my kids out of the fountain.






Proving to the kids their old mom can in
fact still climb a stinkin' rock. 

It wasn't fast or pretty but right after unbuttoning
my pants everything went a lot smoother.


No comments:

Post a Comment