Sunday, July 1, 2012


365 RANDOM DAYS OF TEAM ZYBKO
DAY # 174
JULY 1st, 2012
BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED

It's early as I sip my coffee from my favorite mug as quietly as I can.
Concentrating on keeping my hiney super still on the black leather swirly chair.
I'm aleady in need of a refill but the slightest of creaks could disturb a little rugrat.
  I don't want to wake anyone by accident.
I want just a few quiet minutes to document this morning.
A few boxes still remain unfilled and one or two momma bear lists to write for the older kids.
 That will get done, it can wait.
The buttons on the key board seem extra loud as I hide one last time to post a few words.
A few current up to date words I won't forget in twenty years.
Trapped forever on the internet.
Down the road I might think they are silly thoughts and feelings
but right now they are real, ten feet tall and hanging over my shoulder
and of course heavy on my heart.
We leave for our adventure soon, very soon.
As soon as papa bear sniffs out I have left the bed
it's go time and game on.
 The snoring will stop and the packing of the van will start.
He isn't a snooze guy or a coffee guy so I'm thinking I have ten minutes tops.
Ten minutes before my life as I know is stored nice and neat into the person van.
Stacked super oraganized and efficiently with the cooler and DVD players in hands reach.
Years ago Baby Daddy worked for UPS.
I love to watch his brain twist and turn as he somehow figures out how to arrange bikes, bags and oddly sized articles into a seamless four foot tall rectangle.
Side note, do not ever challenge him to a game of Tetrus.
He will take you down, high score after high score.
BUT
This is coming from a girl that has trouble putting an aerobic step back 
together at an even height on both sides.
 Don't laugh cause I will kick your butt at Ms. Pacman.
Seriously.
Spent my college fund one 80's quarter at a time in a smoky arcade.
Getting my initials on the high score screen was a big day.
I'm sure I made my mother so proud.
VMC
VMC
VMC

 As long as I can play on an old school orange Atari joystick that is..
Wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka wacka
Thank you 1986 for those precious memories.    




I'm getting sidetracked with humor. Not a shocker there. Not the first time I've knowingly done that. To laugh is easier to cry. At least where I come from.
Kid # 2 has found me anyway, the sand in my Leave Florence hour glass is almost empty. I desperatley want to turn it back over but I can't.
It's glued to the table, like in that song where she is looking for a spoon and can only find a knife.
Love that song. 
Anyway, goodbyes have been spoken and last minute hugs given, many times over.
 Rooms have been reserved halfway across the county and a road map has already been marked.
 25 solid hours of driving. We can do this. We have poptarts and G2.

I am tired of telling people it will be an adventure. I don't really believe that anymore. Makes my cheeks hurt as I fake smile my way through the polite conversations with others. The others who aren't packing their car today. The others who will be drinking their coffee and sleeping in the same state as they did yesterday. I've been on the other side too, wishing families good luck and reassurring them they will be missed. I wasn't lying and I know they aren't either.
My truth is.....oh darn, kid  #3 is awake and I no longer hear snoring.
The sand is dropping faster than ever. I better hurry.

So, how I feel in a nutshell is sad, nervous, lonely, mad, irratable.........

OH, forget all that. That's a drag.  
I don't want to stay in a room full of tears and self pity.
 I've been there too long. It's not the girl I know.
I'm pushing her reflection out of the mirror.
Check out time sista sledge.
Here we go! 
I'm on my third cup. I'm ready to roll.
Gonna grab my toothbrush, camera, notebook, a few sharpies
and the 3 youngest kids.
Let's rock this thing.
First stop MALL OF AMERICA.
Second stop the bathroom!  




2 comments:

  1. We will seriously miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl. I miss you guys a lot too and will miss seeing you when I do visit Florence. Keep in touch and keep blogging about your experiences because I love reading them... and be safe on the road! Make sure you get something tastier and better than poptarts and G2, LOL.

    Amy Lauren

    ReplyDelete