Wednesday, June 26, 2013



Are You Ready For Boot Camp Son?
Try This First
Day #62
June 27th, 2013
Team Zybko


Official papers signed, emails returned, boots bought and new underwear folded military style in an old book bag. 
Dylan is ready to go. Ready for his next new adventure. 
West Point boot camp, T-minus 4 days. 
One thing left on his list of to-do's, 
break in un-shinned low quarters. 
So off on a walk around the neighborhood we went. 


The summer weather was perfect as the sun disappeared below the horizon. We gravitated toward the pretty water of Lake Oakdale  and the colorful June flowers scattered about in bloom.


I created a stir amongst the little kids as I got too close to the waters edge to take some pictures. They know me well. My nightmares are made of this stuff, an accidental slip of the foot and I'd need therapy for sure. The spot we had stumbled upon was indeed a high traffic area, filled with funky bugs, freaky vegetation and the ideal hiding places for slimy reptiles.


I played it cool. 
Hey guys I ain't scurred, I have complete confidence if I happened to fall in Dylan would be able to pull me out, 
suck the venom out of my ankle and carry me all 
the way back to the house. 
I caught his eye to give him a kidding wink before 
I continued to talk up his life saving abilities. 
(No way he could dead lift me and carry 
this solid soccer mom two feet.)
Kids, he could totally do it, he is practically a soldier ya' know.


I can do it mom.
Dylan, just so you know, between you and me, the weight listed on my license isn't exactly accurate.
Wink wink for the second time in a minute.


No really he says, it will be good training for boot camp.
I agreed but also couldn't stop laughing.
The joke was on me.
He was right, he could do it.
Then again, so could I.
(only a few inches but whose counting?)
New Cadet Zybko reporting Sir!











No comments:

Post a Comment