Thursday, June 6, 2013

You are the Wind Beneath My.....Kite
Day #41
June 6th, 2013
Team Zybko
 
 
 
Why do I LOVE this picture?
 
A) I am a #1 Clemson fan and mom.
 
B) The thought of Aliens driving makes me giggle.
 
C) Diane's smile reminds me of why all the scheduled and emergency broken wire visits to the orthodontists were worth it.
 
D) The symbolism of the kite being lifted up so gracefully in the into wind prompts me to think about my words as a parent spoken to my children on a daily basis.
 
OK, you probably answered correctly.
A
Ha, just kidding! I am not even from the south. Orange verses crimson wasn't even on my radar prior to moving to South Cackalacky 13 years ago and I am the WORST Clemson mom ever. I don't even have as little as a paw bumper sticker slapped on the back of the prison van. Sorry about that Tiger fans, feel free to find me in a parking lot around town and put one on! Seriously, I won't mind at all. Find a spot, maybe right next to one that says
I BIG PUFFY HEART DOUGHNUTS
So, B...C and  D are also acceptable answers if you filled them in correctly with a #2 pencil that is.  
 
 
If you chose answer D you get a 100% on this one question test. Go get a glazed doughnut of your choice. 
Seriously though, as parents we have the ability to mold and grow the confidence and self esteem of our children with our actions and conversations. Everyday, every interaction, every kid. It is not just encouraged but it is our responsibility as mothers and fathers. Didn't you read the small print at the bottom of the page when you signed up for the job of raising children.
 
Yea, it was there, go back and look.
 
Does the wind of my words help lift them up or cause their kite of life to nose dive into the sand? I wish I could say every conversation with each and every one of them were like a warm sunshiny breeze similar to this day at the beach. That of course would be a lie. The truth is this gig is hard. 
 
I am constantly reminded of how my bad breath affects the attitude of my clan. Most of the time it's too late, words already formed on my lips and set free in to the air. Can't be taken back or erased, at this point I can only back track. But God is good all the time. He also shows us the fruit of our labor when we stay steady to the course set out before us.
 
The expression it takes a village is incorrect.....it should be... it takes MANY villages. We can do this guys, lets encourage each other to get our kites in the air and keep them there. 
Sailing beautifully through the wind, on it's own. We all know it takes less effort to keep it there than repeatedly picking it up off the sand to re-launch.
 
Thank you God and all my village people.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment