Saturday, June 1, 2013



One Small Thing Home School Doesn't Teach
Day # 37
June 1st, 2013
Team Zybko
It just didn't occur to me that Delilah didn't know how to open a carton of milk. What kinda of mother am I and how come I have never taught her that skill? Oh yea, I don't serve milk in a cute little box at home, in the lunch line of our school. With the help of big sis she caught on quickly. She practiced opening and closing the now soggy triangular drinking spout while the other kids reminisced about good ole cafeteria times. I even got a little mushy, students all over the country have done a million crafts with these suckers through out the elementary years. The fun memories of every class party I have ever attending poured through my old soccer mom head. As for Delilah she didn't say much while we talked, although her tiny fingers never stopped moving. She had a sudden new to obsession to conquer the gallon challenge, one pint at a time. 



Because the breakfast was technically all you could drink, we left the free hotel buffet with stacks on deck, arms full and headed to the beach. Milk on the hot sand and warm air, yummy. It didn't matter to the excited 5 year with a new school trick, she was making her own school memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment