Tuesday, December 17, 2013


Christmas Present Surprise
and
Sister Wish List
Day 223
December 16, 2013
Team Zybko



My kids have long since done the math, the official countdown til Christmas 2013 is 8 days. Well I must have been super good and I didn't even know it cause I received a surprise gift, a whole week early. No waiting in line, no fighting crowds at the mall, no signing or package claim ticket necessary. I only needed to respond to a text from Tuesday morning of that same week.
Hey sis, whatcha doing on Thursday?
 I may be able to fly to Charlotte.
I typed back and hit the red send button before the ink had a chance to dry. It was certainly a no brainer. No checking of the calendar was needed. School could wait. Moping the kitchen floor could wait. Shopping could wait.  Christmas cards could wait. She lives 5 states away. My answer was immediate.
If you are here Kath our schedule is clear.

My sister wish list:
I wish you could have stayed longer
* I wish you weren't so funny, my cheeks hurt
I wish you lived much, much closer
I wish you could always be here to cook up a healthy dinner  
I wish you had forgotten your blue North Face pullover
I wish face to face lengthy heart conversations weren't so rare
I wish La-La could have Aunt Kath wash her hair more often
I wish I recorded you laughing with my babies
I wish other sis could have been here too
I wish Drexel fun when you two go roller blading soon 
I wish you weren't so sneaky, insisting to pay for everything 
I wish no more food to get stuck in your mom braces
I wish you a Merry Christmas big sis 
* I wish my heart didn't hurt so bad when you left
  









No comments:

Post a Comment