Monday, December 2, 2013

Running Round-Up
Month 1
Day 208
December 2, 2013
Team Zybko




I am not in love with running yet but I do in fact dislike it less. Whoo hoo that's a start.  Numbers on the scale didn't go down like I anticipated with the increase of physical activity. I can't even claim the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing cause my clothes don't really fit better either. Boo. Since it would do nothing to lie here on this up date I will be completely honest. My dedication to better eating slipped big time. Hindsight tells me it was early on, somewhere around the end of week 1. Chocolate chips replaced raisins on the apple and peanut butter snack. Ice cream replaced greek yogurt. A bite of the kids rainbow sprinkly pancakes turn into a serving of my own. And so on and so on.....
A new month starts NOW I must stay focused.

Lessons learned in week 1
Get moving and get going. Take the big step, take your goals off the paper and put them into real life. It feels fresh to have a brand new challenge in front of you. Do it with a partner or group of people for more fun and accountability purposes.  

Lesson learned in week 2
 Not all planned run work outs work out.
With a sick kid home from school for most of the week my runs got knocked down a few notches on the list of priorities. Legitimately put off until it was Saturday morning with 2 incomplete days left on the Couch to 5K app. The weekend was stacked full of soccer and other obligations so my window was narrowing quickly to have a successful run week. I decided to run during Delaney's warms-ups both days, looking a goober walk/jogging in my jeans and bulky jacket. Oh well, no points for style but I did it.

Lesson learned in week 3
Old habits are hard to break. I managed to make it to 3 Zumba classes this week but I only completed 2 of my Couch to 5K run/walk workouts. It's easier for me to dance than run. Period. Pretty sure I look better doing it too but that may be in my head. Whitey tighty duck footed people can dance. I will have to make that run up next week.  

Lesson learned in week 4
If you keep at it you will get better, it will get easier. With one whole month behind me I feel better with each mile. Logging more and more distance in my running log as the walk segment becomes shorter and the jog minutes increase. 
Extra lesson learned this week. 
Holidays are no excuse, even the heaviest eating day of the year holiday, Thanksgiving. As I forced myself to squeeze in 2 runs on Sunday morning I could feel the mac n' cheese and pumpkin pie fighting me. These foods are tough in the ring, less is better next year for sure.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment