Thursday, December 5, 2013


 My Six Year Old Blondini Speaks
Day 212
December 5, 2013
Team Zybko



Today it happened again, not a shocker. If past history is an indicator of the future, I am sure it will happen again, soon. That moment during school when my favorite kindergarten student, AKA Blondinin makes me cock my head sideways, take a deep breath and exhale. Only what comes out is a desperate laugh and never silent air as I intended. Could she really mean that? No way.

 Despite her darker hair color from lack of Summer sun and pool time play the fun spirited nick name has its use during all seasons of the year. Knowing in my heart her ditzy, naive questions really stem from her youthful thinking and not a lack of brains or her neurons firing correctly. Either way I had to record this one. 

As she uses markers to complete a connect the dot type of 6 year assignment Blondini throws the already used colors back into messy tub of markers. While doing so repeatedly some washables Crayolas get trapped under the container causing it to roll, to move from one end of the foldable table to the other. 
Drex looks at me at the exactly the same time I look him. I begin to explain what was happening. He loves to know how things work, thankfully this time I have the answer without reaching for my smart phone. I tell them both that even people from ancient times used this method to move heavy objects, putting them on rollers to even make it possible. 
Drexel is quick to pipe up, 
Like to build the pyramids, that ancient you mean mom? 
Yes, exactly, I reply. 
La La's brain is spinning as she quickly wants in on the conversation.
Mom, really? They had markers back then?
Breathe in, exhale and laugh.
    I LOVE my Blondini to Egypt and back.



No comments:

Post a Comment