Saturday, December 7, 2013

Nikes or Five Inch Heels?
Day 216
December 7, 2013
Team Zybko



(picture included for authenticity)

Alright, alright, alright quit torturing me...put my Mac book down....and my favorite coffee cup....I give...Uncle, Uncle, Uncle. How did you get in my house anyway?

Fine, if you are making me talk I will admit to occasionally being an exaggeration queen, definitely more so than a drama queen. Exciting stories are better than whinny ones right? Of course they are and just for the record I am never, never, never a high maintenance girl. OK, now that we have all that straight will you believe me when I tell you my fashionista six year old has asked me every single day since she has had the ability to form complete sentences... 

Mommy, will you please wear girl shoes today?

I kid you not. For roughly 1,460 consecutive days, give or take a few I have heard this question from my born with eyeshadow on child and for 1,460 days, give or take a few I have bent down and to her eye level and tell her....not today honey. 

Today is different and because I am such a dedicated Mother and always listen to the needs, wants and dreams of my children I tell her yes {insert leftover sarcasm from paragraph one} Truth is, I finally give in to the nagging so I won't have to to it again for another 1,460 days, give or take a few which of course is actually terrible parenting but work with me. 

Delilah smiles bigger than when she opened a 6 million count lip gloss pack for Christmas a few years ago. This sort of shallow happiness created by my choice of foot apparel makes me her favorite mother of all time. No exaggeration. 

*I didn't fall and break an ankle

*Baby Daddy thought it interesting to be eye to eye

* My mind was side tracked from usual foot pain from       concentrating so hard to walk

*I got quite a few up-downs from other soccer moms

* I could reach items in the kitchen I never dreamed on Nike days

* I felt sassy

* Felt better about canceling my run for the day

*1,459 days, give or take a few til next time
   

No comments:

Post a Comment